Obese

Canada
Werre theise to relatted?

Most likely. They were becoming iconic and the crowd changed from the homeless to hipsters as the ‘hood changed over, so they were making more money and could have made a good long run of it. I believe there’s a chain store there now. Or some faux-retro postmodern douche boutique condo.

But then, I’m old, jaded and cynical, so what do I know…? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
A thin pal mentioned she didn't like that "full" feeling. Most of us apparently do.
That sleepy feeling of being stuffed can be a drug. A lot of evidence people use heavy eating as a tranq.

You can train your gut to take enormous amounts of food. Those eating contests require the competitors to do serious training to accomplish what they do. Try to eat 100 hot dogs, you'll be puking at 20 at most. I was in Somalia in the first weeks, they were living skeletons up-country. The amount of food that made them feel full, drop to their knees and give a prayer of thanks and almost immediately curl up for a nap with a smile? Roughly, a couple biscuits. They felt "stuffed".

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Read Steve Callahan's account of his 76 days in a liferaft and drifting all the way across the Atlantic to Guadeloupe or Martinique. He was pretty much wasted away but had been shooting dorado feeding on barnacles growing on the fabric bottom of his inflatable liferaft. He was picked up by some local fishermen who saw the raft and didn't bother to see if anyone was inside, just started catching the fish in its shadow. He was asleep or passed out and heard the commotion that they made as they started landing the big bull dorado and stuck his head out scaring the crap out of the fisherman. They came and took him aboard and gave him some water and snacks and let him sleep in some shade while the last of the school of fish that had sustained and tortured him for weeks. As they brought in their gear and got ready to motor back to the island, they asked if he wanted anything and he just asked if they had caught the big bull as he had been dueling with that particular fish the whole time and it would swim up and butt him in his salt sore back and butt as soon as he fell asleep or just laid still. They pulled the big dorado up out of the fishbox to confirm that it was the one and he said yes and that he wanted it when they got to shore because he was going to eat the bastard! When they got Steve and his fish ashore the clinic did a thorough exam on him and were surprised at how well he had survived. I forget the details but his flow caloric intake and minimal fluid intake had left him weakened and he was sunburnt to a crisp, but then he decided to join a sailboat returning to the states and he signed on for the delivery. To him it was a 'getting back on the horse that threw you' thing but his body had longer term inbalances from his long fast and he got quite ill on the delivery trip. Apparently his shrunken stomach and vital electrolytes were not ready for a regular diet. Hope I didn't misremember the facts of his story here.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
1661668476904.png

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
I am "thin" - but I LIKE the full feeling!
Once someone snaps on how little food it takes to sustain one's healthy body weight compared to how much we often eat ... and then need to nap ... a light goes on. You don't see the light when you're napping though.

Darwin, like rust, never sleeps: Rand Corp: The study reveals that obesity is linked to very high rates of chronic illnesses — higher than living in poverty, and much higher than smoking or drinking.

^^^^ That study is 20 years old. Being really fat is probably OK by now.

It's a free will choice by the forkful.

We're hungry again within hours either way.

Windward

Super Anarchist
Not sure who the quote should be attributed, but I always remembered it as:

"The fastest way to your grave is past your teeth"

Covers a lot of ground. Smoking, drinking, eating, talking.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
It takes me more than one minute to create paragraphs when I C&P the Heather report from the email. Some days the paragraphs transfer but most days they do not.
Glad you brought that up Billy. If you want to save even more time you could just read Heather on Twitter like the rest of us do so no copying need. Seems like half the time spent here is scrolling past the Tweets already read in Twitter by cut and pasters. We're not getting around a paywall. Reality is we have a dozen or so really bright people on SA while Twitter has thousands. And bot-like tweets by V3 and Dog2 don't get reposted at all like here.

Not sure who the quote should be attributed, but I always remembered it as:

"The fastest way to your grave is past your teeth"

Covers a lot of ground. Smoking, drinking, eating, talking.
Nah ... takes much longer than a .357 @ 1450/fps.

mikewof

mikewof
Dinner is the devil, it's a ridiculous meal. Better to shove all the fat, carbs and protein you want into your piehole for breakfast, small lunch, and then stop eating after noon. Breakfast shouldn't be some pussy-ass pile of sticks, it should be burgers, sandwiches, full-fat milk and yoghurt, lots of eggs, steak, fish, pasta.

Then, when your spoiled fat body bullies you for food for dinner, don't give it any. Only tea, maybe one beer, a hard candy, lots of water, a little tequila or gin. When our spoiled fat ass insists on eating dinner, it is better to shut the spoiled fat bastard up and just go to bed ... take the sleepy-time-machine to breakfast, and then repeat until you are at a healthy weight and the fat fucker no longer controls your mind. Then to maintain, limit dinner to maybe a few crackers or a tiny salad or something. But to get to the healthy weight, no solid food after noon and eat like a maniac for breakfast. I don't know why this method works so well, but it works. A lot of the Unsanctioned 250 Rowers use some variation of this method to cut weight.

Rick Yukon taught me this method after his house arrest from the United Crushing incident. He had put on nearly 50 lbs. of fat when he was on house arrest. He used the "rower's method" (his name for the above) and set the then U-250 record for 45.0 seconds less than a year later. That record stood for years until that guy in Italy demolished it with his (still unverified U-250 run) of less than 40 seconds.

Last edited: