Obese

mikewof

mikewof
Which is interesting as they have proven that only men(becaus e of testerone levels) produce a hormone in their skin when it is exposed to sunlight. The hormone makes men hunger. I know if i spend a day outdoors i want ro eat more. But always attributed it to the fact a day outdoors has lots of activity. Thus making you hungry

That sounds like a benefit for us. We get outside, bust ass, get hungry, eat a bunch of food, have the energy to do it again the next day, repeat, build villages, cities, bridges, aqueducts, shipyards, rockets to the moon. Repeat.

Last edited:

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
42p7riasj4m91.jpg

mikewof

mikewof
Yeah. Spent time in that world too. Lots of stick insects who have unhealthy relationships with food. It’s like a reverse spiral dive of obsessive compulsions. Fortunately, I lacked both the talent and the genetics to become a 5.13-chasing spider, so i just stuck to hauling my fat ass and beer belly up trad classics. Nothing like a pint and chip butty to fuel up 🤘

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
One thing a man in peak athletic form ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ likely thinks is that losing weight is hard. Lordy, we hate that! Reality is it takes a few days to quiet that monkey brain demanding Twinky buttys but it does happen. Then you get your head right ... the thought of hunger comes up. Acknowledge the thought, take a deep breath, a good slug of water -- skip the hipster urge to stop, find ice cubes and lime juice -- get back on task. Rinse ... repeat. Re-imagine food as fuel rather than "feels good." It's a head trip.

A week in on a reduced intake, the brain starts to grok that signaling for food might make you salivate like Pavlov's critter but it doesn't make you drop everything and head for the frig. You can live a very long period on 1000 cal a day. Nike has it right.

The second week, your belt moves in a notch ... and friends ... when that happens ... it's on.

Now and then you fuck around and eat. Then you find out that splurge cost you a day or three of weight loss, accept it and stick with reduced intake ... after awhile hunger is just another fleeting thought. Diet? Don't bother. Eat all the veggies you want. Don't overthink it. Jenny Craig is in it for the money.

If not now, when?

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
Pretty conventional wisdom but it fails to explain why cancer has increased 60% since 1960 - when half of the population smoked - to now when something like 14% smoke.

A bit like how those 14% still start the vast majority of forest fires I guess.

i'm guessing it has nothing to do with all the organophosphates, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, weed killers... voc's from paints... heavy particulates from diesel , etc...

nothing like spraying a can of Raid inside the house or wasp spray all over the place.. betcha it's more likely from the flouride in the water and all the satellites buzzing overhead shooting down their killer rays..

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
i'm guessing it has nothing to do with all the organophosphates, pesticides, chemical fertilizers, weed killers... voc's from paints... heavy particulates from diesel , etc...

nothing like spraying a can of Raid inside the house or wasp spray all over the place.. betcha it's more likely from the flouride in the water and all the satellites buzzing overhead shooting down their killer rays..
Soap residue

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
betcha it's more likely from the flouride in the water and all the satellites buzzing overhead shooting down their killer rays..
Ime am thickeng alongue thoise lines to, contanimatted drickeng watere is majore concerne on LI. The weste is olde farmeng/industrey convertted to houseng, easte to, anny chemicalles, cleaneres, or degreaseres wentne rite dowen the draine. We haive foure levelles of aquiferes, the toppe to. our highley pollutted butte thast whearre they gette they watere. Lowe levelle dossage foire extended periodes of time.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California

I hate killer rays. Look what happened to Steve Irwin. !

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Went sailing for 2 weeks and lost 6 lbs. Down 8 as of today.

Go sailing folks.

You get more exercise, get to bed earlier and it's hard to run to the convenience store for late night snacks or visit fast food places.
Lost 14 on the PacCup. Drank 9 of it back on... Probably in the 3 days of parties at KYC.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
You wonder why..............this is the breakfast of the table across from us when we stopped in after our swim workout for a cup of pozole. We had a cup each which came with a little rice and cilantro/onions. Also two flour tortillas. They were eating when we sat down and eating when we left. This is the reason we're an obese nation.
IMG_4651.JPG

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
Cause they fed you when you were hungry and your punk ass might have only experienced real hunger after 4,000 feet up and 4,000 feet down. Your Gramps and Grandms fixed your sorry ass and now you're the voice of reason in a horde of drunken miscreants who are unfortunately to sociopathic for even the Foredeck Union.

Your grandparents knew that it's healthy to eat veggies. But if your grandparents were in Pocatello instead wherever they were from near Boise or wherever, they would know that after climbing tens of thousands of vertical feet all over the BLM land on a trio of Polaris Indy Trails with the 488 cubic centimeter Fuji two-stroke truck engines, that a young man needs more than just veggies, he needs some junk food. I guess my point is that a healthy diet simply can't exist without a sufficient daily minimum of Vitamin Polaris, or in the summer, maybe an XR-500 with some terrified youth throttle locked onto the unholy beast.
They knew that even broccoli tastes great when you're starving and weren't above child abuse. Only sheer luck saved me from liking brussel sprouts too, I reckon. On the other hand, I never saw them consume that abomination themselves. Perhaps there was more than luck involved.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
FMS ... If I knew where to find that, I wouldn't have time to eat anything more than maybe gas station sushi while I was on my want to find wherever that is.
Not easily accessible at all - the flight out from Anchorage for the cheap seats is $568 one way. Plus it's advisable to bring your own food. Then the need to rent either a quad or a 4x truck (recommend the 4x truck, because the weather turns to nasty/breezy/wet in a blink of an eye).

Flights to Adak

Truck and house rentals - request a house with WIFI

Map - North end of Island - due west of Mount Adagdak near the abandoned LORAN

Use the Bing Hybrid map for the closest satallite detail known by mariners as Horseshoe Cove the first cove SW of LORAN Cove

Note Kanaga Volcano in the distance in the videos below.

It's worth hiking to the south end of the island just for the beauty of it all - and also hiking down the Yakak Peninsula to the Sea Lion Rookery the WW II Cape Yakak Aircraft Warning Station was similar to the SCR-270 radars on Hawaii prior to the Pearl Harbor attack. We camped on the tundra here back inthe day, and not till years later did I discover drums of Mustard and Lewisite gas were alledgedly buried here. Best not to dig here, After the US Army retook Attu in 1943, chemical weapons (mustard gas and lewisite bombs) were stored on the island from July 1944 until July 1947. Almost all of this material was either burned on the island or dumped 12 miles off the coast of Chichagof Harbor, Attu except for ten tons each of mustard and lewisite, which was transferred to Adak. It is unknown what the final disposition of this material was, but it is was allegedly buried here. I did the following write up for this Wikimapia description of the site back in 2012. Cape Yakak Aircraft Warning Station A-23

The SCR-270 Radar Detector was still standing in 1975 when I captured this image, however has since collapsed.

076c.JPG

Last edited:

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Kanaga Volcano, Kanaton Ridge and Kanaga steam vent, also a crack vent on side of volcano cone. All the Kanaga images were enhanced with HDR. If I posted the originals of the other images, they would not be near as dynamic, especially in the shadows or cutting through the haze. images shot from a NOAA Charter. Second to last image is a spring shot of Kanaga Volcano, Mount Moffet, Mount Adagdak and Great Sitkin Volcano in the far distance. Final image alongside Great Sitkin Volcano is the proper visual approach is an ATC authorization for an aircraft on an IFR flight plan to proceed visually and clear of clouds to the airport of intended landing at Adak runway 5/23.

001b.jpg

001.jpg

001c.jpg

001d.jpg

001e.jpg

001h.jpg

Great Sitkin.jpg