Off Soundings Series and low pressure systems.

Mike in CT

Anarchist
CT
So I thought I was planning far enough ahead for spring off soundings by calling to book rooms at the Narragansett Inn but come to find out they are sold out. The company that owns it now is offering me some rooms at a different place at $300/night like its peak season.

Can anyone suggest a place to go? need 5 beds.

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
So I thought I was planning far enough ahead for spring off soundings by calling to book rooms at the Narragansett Inn but come to find out they are sold out. The company that owns it now is offering me some rooms at a different place at $300/night like its peak season.

good luck. Lodging is always the most expensive part of this regatta. sending a pm.

USA389

I stayed at Champlins a few years ago. They had plenty of rooms, I think it was around $200

Mike in CT

Anarchist
CT
Ryley got me squared away. so we're all set with rooms. next step is get someone in Stonington harbor to install a nice hoist so I don't have to mess around with the ramp in Noank.

ryley

Super Anarchist
Boston, MA
Dodson's does a pretty good job for a pretty reasonable price. my friend Greg used them for BIRW last year when he towed his Andrews up from the Ches.

PeterRoss

Rhode Island
My ride got sold this winter. (new owner is a past OS Commodore, keeping the name)

We missed last Spring Off Soundings when the yard broke our 3 year old mast prior to stepping.

Our last Spring Off Soundings was 2014 and we were just getting to know the boat. Will actually miss "will we make Off Soundings" and the horror of making it.

musicman

Anarchist
Waterford CT
My ride got sold this winter. (new owner is a past OS Commodore, keeping the name)

We missed last Spring Off Soundings when the yard broke our 3 year old mast prior to stepping.

Our last Spring Off Soundings was 2014 and we were just getting to know the boat. Will actually miss "will we make Off Soundings" and the horror of making it.
Mark your calendar Peter for the fall on "Details"!

Snow Guy

Anarchist
The Cove, CT
Do you really trust the velocity predictions this far out? Current is going out out all day with low tide a little after 4. Should make getting through the Race very interesting if the predictions do pan out. Going to have to do more studying than usual for that transition.

bloodshot

Super Anarchist
United States
Do you really trust the velocity predictions this far out? Current is going out out all day with low tide a little after 4. Should make getting through the Race very interesting if the predictions do pan out. Going to have to do more studying than usual for that transition.
no, but that's all I got at this point. Beats going through my work emails.