OK Cruisers, what boat do you have?

DigitalVibrations

Super Anarchist
Las Olas
And I'll start: A 1980 Morgan 382. Designed by Ted Brewer and not Charlie Morgan. It has sweet lines, unlike the Out Islands that are all over the place in South Florida... (not that there's anything wrong with the Out Islands)

Schnick

Super Anarchist
Vancouver, BC
That's a 4.5 knot shitbox thank you very much.

Edit: Hit 7.8 on my '72-vintage knotmeter on Saturday, but I'm sure my average speeds are still in the shitbox range.

Willow_022.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Catamount

Super Anarchist
1980 Peterson 34, designed by Doug Peterson, built by Marion Hayes (Island Yachts, Texas) -- "cheaper than a crappy car" former racer being refit for cruising duty.

ForwardQuarter.jpg

Reactions: lom

sshow bob

Super Anarchist
Maine
Sold: 1980 Catalina 25. 4knots falling off a truck, maybe. Last year we got the sportsmanship award for showing up every week while earning consistent DFL's.

Bought: 1978 Pearson 30 -

portside.0.jpg

we're actually going to race one-design in these things... :blink:

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
1997 Hallberg-Rassy 53. Cutter rigged German Frers design.

So far we've clocked 10+ over the bottom on the delivery home; traveled 1050+ miles in about five days...so that's better than four knots.

New to me this spring though, so we still have to learn her.

vouz etes ici

Super Anarchist
1974 Pearson 39

New to me last year. Have been upgrading it every since.

I fell in love with the lines and I like the party size cockpit. Not crazy about the name.

000_0019.jpg

And its about a 7 knot shitbox thankyouverymuch.

olaf hart

Super Anarchist
That Pearson is a sweet boat. What are we talking about with these speeds? I've had all three keelboats over 9 knots on the GPS with a following sea and a one knot current (i.e wave speed plus current speed).

Shouldn't we be talking about cruising averages on Cruising Anarchy?

That said, even the kayaks and the rowboat can maintain cruising speeds greater than 4 knots.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
chlorapoint1.jpg airphoto.jpg

Coquina

1973 C&C 35 MK I

Even towing a dinghy she is a "faster than 4 knot" shitobx.

Numerous Gov Cup and 3 Bermuda Ocean Race veteran.

BTW, for the n00bs, the 4 knot thing came from Seppo, an EX member of a VOR shore team who famously slagged all of us here for sailing 4 knot shitboxes.

sailman

Super Anarchist
Portsmouth, RI
Heritage West Indies 36 (Morgan design). Hull number 17 built Sep 1976. Solid glass hull, 4' draft (board up) 12' beam 17,000lbs Displ and plenty of sail to get up and go. I picked her up from about three years of neglect in Marathon, FL. Hoping to get her splashed next month.

311533257106_0_ALB.jpg

Cheers,

Will Museler