OK Cruisers, what boat do you have?

Beer fueled Mayhem

Anarchist
Ballard, WA
Great boats, very nice!

Brand new to us. 1991 Wauquiez Centurion 42 Hull#55. I'm told she is the last one built. Mexico in 2 years. Waiting for the 1 year old daughter to be 3 years old. I wholeheartedly agree with Lin and Larry. Sailing with kids under 3 years old is a bitch. Maybe some can and want to do it but not us. I deal with enough babies while racing our J24.

/monthly_04_2012/post-23834-087905600%201333311456_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joli. Your boat is very cool also.

kdh

Super Anarchist
Brand new to us. 1991 Wauquiez Centurion 42 Hull#55. I'm told she is the last one built. Mexico in 2 years. Waiting for the 1 year old daughter to be 3 years old. I wholeheartedly agree with Lin and Larry. Sailing with kids under 3 years old is a bitch. Maybe some can and want to do it but not us. I deal with enough babies while racing our J24.

/monthly_04_2012/post-23834-087905600%201333311456_thumb.jpg
Mayhem, enjoy your daughter. Nice boat.

I have this too, if it matters. It counts as a cruiser if I've slept on it and/or brewed coffee on it, right?

Drascombe Lugger
You left out the Sunfish.
Be nice, bl.

White Wing

Anarchist
Seattle
Damn, WW. That boat is sleek, I love it.
+10

That is one sweet looking ride... I think my wiffe is getting a little tired of the trawler, gonna show her this pic

:p

FB- Doug
Thanks guys -

Couple of pictures on launch day after the refit - she's looking so much better now plus got some nice new gear...best hw add is the Harken electric winch for the halyards...motor is in the drum, so barely sticks out of the overhead down below.

Re-did the teak pads on the boat too - used Teak Deck Systems from FL...sent them templates and they made the new teak pads. They come in one piece and you epoxy/vacuum bag - no fasteners and really look great. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

WWing

6906070024_1654bc362c_b.jpg

7052159361_2633954654_b.jpg

7052178779_dc2ecfbe2f_z.jpg

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
... ...

It's a Hunter 260.

Hey, it's paid for and gets me out on the water, sometimes for days.
The smaller trailerable Hunters are easily the best boats Hunter ever built. They are actually quite practical and fun boats. On this scale some of the quality oversights Hunter is famous for don't matter as much. I feel safe in saying this since my wife & I owned a Hunter 19 (your boat's little sister) for a decade or so.

FB- Doug
The 260 is 9 feet wide, IIRC, which makes it just outside trailerable without an over-width permit in most states. I snuck one up here from Fort Myers one time without a permit and no one seemed to care. ;) The owner had cruised it all around the Bahamas.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
Damn, WW. That boat is sleek, I love it.
+10

That is one sweet looking ride... I think my wiffe is getting a little tired of the trawler, gonna show her this pic

:p

FB- Doug
Thanks guys -

Couple of pictures on launch day after the refit - she's looking so much better now plus got some nice new gear...best hw add is the Harken electric winch for the halyards...motor is in the drum, so barely sticks out of the overhead down below.

Re-did the teak pads on the boat too - used Teak Deck Systems from FL...sent them templates and they made the new teak pads. They come in one piece and you epoxy/vacuum bag - no fasteners and really look great. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.

WWing

6906070024_1654bc362c_b.jpg

7052159361_2633954654_b.jpg

7052178779_dc2ecfbe2f_z.jpg
She puts the "racer" in "racer/cruiser". Great job with the teak. She should be in a magazine somewhere...

Beer fueled Mayhem

Anarchist
Ballard, WA
Teakerne Arm, BC --- we're probably in about 60' of water. Drop the hook at ~90' and back into position, then run a stern line to shore. This is before we refit the boat with new decks, topsides, standing rigging, etc. - but it's the best picture I have of the boat at anchor.

WWing

Tim Barnett design, built by John Lidgard in NZ in '87

6904903370_4a15873950_b.jpg
WW, that is a great looking boat! What is the layout like down below? You keep her at Shileshole?

Sublime

Tejas
Okay, fine.
You left out the Minifish.

That better?

Welcome aboard, btw.

Also btw, I kinda like the Hunter 260- it's like a Rhodes 22 or a Matilda inflated to 60 psi. ;)

I weren't offended. Sorry if that didn't come across.

60 psi was for the Hunter 26. They recommend 75psi on the 260 which gives an allowance of 15 psi for when the skipper that sucks is onboard.

White Wing

Anarchist
Seattle
Teakerne Arm, BC --- we're probably in about 60' of water. Drop the hook at ~90' and back into position, then run a stern line to shore. This is before we refit the boat with new decks, topsides, standing rigging, etc. - but it's the best picture I have of the boat at anchor.

WWing

WW, that is a great looking boat! What is the layout like down below? You keep her at Shileshole?
Actually keep her at Elliott Bay Marina - we do the summer Thursdays every week, and Shilshole is another 20+ minutes away from where I live....

WWing

bljones

Super Anarchist
CA
Alright, while everyone else is kissing your ass about what a pretty boat she is, I am going to point out that that cockpit is my wife's life insurance dream. I piss her off yet again for some minor slight, she refuses to get me a fresh beer, I have to leave the wheel, stub my toe on the traveller, cursing and hopping on one foot I stumble over the open hatch, fall face first down the companionway and die a slow painful death bent in eight different directions on the cabin sole, while my wife calmly steers a new course, after closing the companionway hatch to stifle the moans.

sculpin

Super Anarchist
Alright, while everyone else is kissing your ass about what a pretty boat she is, I am going to point out that that cockpit is my wife's life insurance dream. I piss her off yet again for some minor slight, she refuses to get me a fresh beer, I have to leave the wheel, stub my toe on the traveller, cursing and hopping on one foot I stumble over the open hatch, fall face first down the companionway and die a slow painful death bent in eight different directions on the cabin sole, while my wife calmly steers a new course, after closing the companionway hatch to stifle the moans.
There are way easier ways for her to get rid of you than that, have her PM me for ideas... how much is that policy anyway???

Beer fueled Mayhem

Anarchist
Ballard, WA

WWing

Actually keep her at Elliott Bay Marina - we do the summer Thursdays every week, and Shilshole is another 20+ minutes away from where I live....

WWing
Yeah we do Thursdays also. We were at Elliot Bay for awhile. Didn't like it. Causeways too narrow. Any sort of a blow and you are screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
Here's my 1KSB:

View attachment 174173

View attachment 174174

I finally tried out the sail kit for the Portland Pudgy. The wind was extremely light bit the little boat actually moved and pointed. The two daggerboards really do work, and I didn't even need the oars to get back to the dock. I'm sailing in Griffin Bay (San Juan Island), with Lopez Island off in the distance.

Welcome to the club! We love ours so far.

Latest posts