OK Cruisers, what boat do you have?

py26129

Super Anarchist
Montreal
We are having a great time on our IP31. This pic was taken, this summer at Cedar Island near Kingston, On.

1668638341320.png

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist

Chrick

Chester, NS
Been there, too. Lovely place. I was part of a scheme to prevent development around the harbor.
In that case, thank you! What was the scheme, and is it permanent? It's remarkable how little development there is anywhere in the lakes, really - but Maskell's is particularly remarkable given it's proximity to Baddeck.

kdh

Super Anarchist
Beautiful, looks like the same flag blue.. love the butterfly hatch in the main salon, we may have John at Hinckley make one up for us this winter. That's a really elegant touch.
Thanks, she's actually Majestic Blue. A bit darker than Flag.

kdh

Super Anarchist
Beautiful, looks like the same flag blue.. love the butterfly hatch in the main salon, we may have John at Hinckley make one up for us this winter. That's a really elegant touch.
I just looked it up; in 2006 when I built it was a $7,380 option. Has never leaked. I get a lot of "Beautiful, does it leak?"

accnick

Super Anarchist
I just looked it up; in 2006 when I built it was a $7,380 option. Has never leaked. I get a lot of "Beautiful, does it leak?"
It leaks money when you have to varnish it.

I had a skylight hatch on my old yawl, built in 1923 by Lawley. The skylight could be lifted off the coaming and rotated 90 degrees to face either fore-and-aft or athwartships.

And it leaked, partly because it was freestanding on the deck on its own coaming rather than mounted on top of a deckhouse.

Very pretty, and it provided headroom over the head compartment.

But it leaked.

I would expect the Hinckley version not to leak. Except money, of course.

kdh

Super Anarchist
It leaks money when you have to varnish it.

I had a skylight hatch on my old yawl, built in 1923 by Lawley. The skylight could be lifted off the coaming and rotated 90 degrees to face either fore-and-aft or athwartships.

And it leaked, partly because it was freestanding on the deck on its own coaming rather than mounted on top of a deckhouse.

Very pretty, and it provided headroom over the head compartment.

But it leaked.

I would expect the Hinckley version not to leak. Except money, of course.
:)

I've seen those rotating hatches. Great idea if executed well.

My butterfly hatch is one of the few bright bits that I meticulously cover to protect the varnish. A pure form-follows-function approach as is generally true of the boat would have me without it, but I couldn't resist.

Latest posts