Old Axiom to new

Caca Cabeza

Super Anarchist
I have a roasted Raymarine Axiom 9” display. The new ones have different connectors. Here are a couple of pix. How can I proceed?

Thanks!

78C42FAE-3F81-45E5-ABB1-BACFABE83613.jpeg

8FBD6F74-EAF5-4CC4-BA11-9C748470F8C7.jpeg

DDW

Super Anarchist
Any new Axiom comes with the cable in the box. Where did you get this one?

The manual will say the exact part number and you can buy one or go fishing on ebay.

Borax Johnson

Anarchist
I haven't purchased the new one yet. Just exploring. All of the existing wiring on my boat goes to the 3 prong power connector and the data cable. If the new unit has the proper cable, where does it go back to? I have a Raymarine transducer converter, and several i70 units (depth, wind data, close hauled multifunction and the Axiom chartplotter.

Will the new Axiom plug in at some point to my existing system? If so, does anyone know where or how?

MauiPunter

Will sail for food
From reading the installation instructions it appears you use the new cable to connect to nmea2000, which your old cable already does (unless its not NMEA200). Should be able to swap them out.

DDW

Super Anarchist
The new Axiom will come with the cable. If the run is long and buried, I'd just splice it (power) to the new cable close to the Axiom where you can get at it.

All of Raymarine's installation manuals, old and new, are available free on their website and will explain exactly what you had, and what you will have.