Old Gori Folding Prop - Any Good?

Shu

Super Anarchist
I'm cleaning out the shop and found my Dad's old Gori folding propeller.  It still looks good, with only a little bit of surface corrosion here and there. 
The problem is that it has a plastic bushing/sleeve that separates the inner part that slips over the shaft from the main outer part of the propeller, and this plastic bit appears fine, but it had deteriorated enough to allow the prop to spin relative to the shaft when under load.

Does this have any value to anyone?  As it is now, it is clearly UNSAFE, but I hate to throw away such a magnificent chunk of Bronze.  It is FREE if anybody has a use for it.  Sized for Laser 28.

I was told when I replaced my prop that the bushing was not replaceable, so if you find our differently from Gori please let us know.  I believe Gori was the source of my information, but it was a while ago.

Shu

Super Anarchist
That's too bad. I guess it's just a worthless hunk of bronze then.

micha571

Germany
I tried to have my old prop rebushed by Gori two years ago. Answer was „no“, the prop would be too old. They would only rebush props that are „not too old“...

Why a „not too old“ prop would need a rebush... I don’t know.

Gracious

Sag Harbor
Have a geared folder, Gori on sail drive it had a wobble Called Gori the sold me a new hub and I put my old blades on works fine no wobble. Cheaper than buying a new prop but still not cheap just under $700

Shu

Super Anarchist
Sold to Anomaly for the price of shipping.  Please let us know what you are able to do to get it back to reliable condition.

Latest posts