Old J24 Lookalike

Dino

Anarchist
Ireland
I saw this old sh1tter online yesterday. I was looking for an old doer upper J24. This boat is in North Wales. n

It looks like a J24 but the cockpit is different and the ass is pinched like an IOR boat. Is this an old IOR 1/4 Tonner or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

casc27

Super Anarchist
Asking over $3,100 at today's exchange rate for that basket case? Next time I sell I'm doing it in the UK!

coyotepup

Anarchist
Michigan
"Cosmetics relatively poor" .... oh you Brits and your dry sense of humor. Maybe the extra money in the asking price is for the vegetable garden in the bilge?

Deed

LO
"Cosmetics relatively poor" .... oh you Brits and your dry sense of humor. Maybe the extra money in the asking price is for the vegetable garden in the bilge?
Dry sense of humour is right: "and the sails have considerable worth." :blink:

This may be a boat designed by Evelyn, which had similar characteristics to the J24. I think, but am not sure, that is was called an ABLE POINTIN. If it is, then it is a pretty cool boat. About a month ago, a couple of young dudes from St. Augustine, Florida came to our Marina(Riviera Beach, Florida) for gas. They were on their way to the Caribbean for some races, and general fun. Being a 70 year old dude, I was jealous and gave them a 12 pack (on me) for the trip. Oh to be able to do that again. My bucket list grows. I think that the beam is maybe 1.5 to 2 feet wider than the J24. Cool looking boat and definitely built better than a J24. I hope they stop by on their return trip. I have another 12 pack for them.

bloodshot

Super Anarchist
United States
This may be a boat designed by Evelyn, which had similar characteristics to the J24. I think, but am not sure, that is was called an ABLE POINTIN. If it is, then it is a pretty cool boat. About a month ago, a couple of young dudes from St. Augustine, Florida came to our Marina(Riviera Beach, Florida) for gas. They were on their way to the Caribbean for some races, and general fun. Being a 70 year old dude, I was jealous and gave them a 12 pack (on me) for the trip. Oh to be able to do that again. My bucket list grows. I think that the beam is maybe 1.5 to 2 feet wider than the J24. Cool looking boat and definitely built better than a J24. I hope they stop by on their return trip. I have another 12 pack for them.
fairly sure its not an Evelyn.... the stern sections are way different.

HakunaAble24.jpg

Evelyn25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: