Older fast Aus multies

paulg

Not sure if this qualifies ..as it is only 6 years old ..and a Cruising Cat ..but Aus designed and built... P'zazz a Shaun Arber 14m SE..we recently did the Coastal Classic in NZ with her and won on handicap doing the 120 miles in 10 hr 20 including a 20 mile beat in fading winds... topping out out around 25 knots ... a vid is on here http://crew.org.nz/f...php?f=9&t=20836 but not much of the boat as camera wasnt waterproof and a bit of spray flying around ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Y-Bar

Super Anarchist
Not sure if this qualifies ..as it is only 6 years old ..and a Cruising Cat ..but Aus designed and built... P'zazz a Shaun Arber 14m SE..we recently did the Coastal Classic in NZ with her and won on handicap doing the 120 miles in 10 hr 20 including a 20 mile beat in fading winds... topping out out around 25 knots ... a vid is on here http://crew.org.nz/f...php?f=9&t=20836 but not much of the boat as camera wasnt waterproof and a bit of spray flying around ...
The Boss & Windcheater were pretty good boats in their day and didnt mind a bit of weather.

paulg

The Boss & Windcheater were pretty good boats in their day and didnt mind a bit of weather.
They were Arber designs..? He did the Spirit of Darwin which I believe was leading the first Round Australia Race until it got dismasted in the Bass Strait....also looked at NFA (No Fixed Adress) before I ended up buying P'zazz -which is his biggest design to date (i believe)

looks like someone got good deal then

when was it sold?

for how much?
Sorry, I dont know- it just says sold on the listing now.

This one http://yachthub.com/list/yachts-for-sale/used/sail-catamarans/schionning-cosmos-1100-sail-cat/106275 seems like a good buy for the price too; a lot of boat for under $200k!

A strip plank version I see; I wonder how she rates compared to sister ships..?

envy

Anarchist
Seen this week, still without mast, quickly turning into a legend

20130106_145102.jpg

SCANAS

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
What happened to Crowther Windspeed 32 'light blue touch paper and stand clear' she was the apple of my eye when I was a Navy Cadet sailing past her at QCYC. Heard she went north?

Mooloolaba Fire Truck tri still at anchor in the bay off scarborough, doesnt seem to go out much. Could get recent pics if anyone wants.

plywoodboy

Super Anarchist
Brisbane
They are all still out there, some loved, some waiting for new love. Heading back from a few nice days at Peel Island today we crossed paths with a beautiful tri that I have only heard about before. La Dane, a Mashford 38 was surfing along with a conservative looking rig, did she lose one in the past? Gorgeous cabin/window layout for a biggish tri, quite humbling although wife and I were doing 9 knots dead upwind with cruising rags, tender, extra motor, and a full portapotti.

cynophobe

Super Anarchist
Airlie Beach
They are all still out there, some loved, some waiting for new love. Heading back from a few nice days at Peel Island today we crossed paths with a beautiful tri that I have only heard about before. La Dane, a Mashford 38 was surfing along with a conservative looking rig, did she lose one in the past? Gorgeous cabin/window layout for a biggish tri, quite humbling although wife and I were doing 9 knots dead upwind with cruising rags, tender, extra motor, and a full portapotti.
Dear Pete,

there is no need to let us know you are full of shit.

Love Chippy.

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
Looking for partner/partners for "Nice Pair" 38'x24' Crowther Super Shockwave. I have powder coated the beams, brand new tramps,new $8k screecher (never flown) 55' Marstrom carbon mast, lot's of gear etc. She has won most of the races in the great lakes. I would sell her outright but would prefer to be part of her heritage. I can trailer her anywhere on a loaner trailer and she currently is in Reno NV. There are 4 video's on youtube. ad in classifieds. Stephen

Last edited by a moderator:

envy

Anarchist
Does anyone know what has become of the the old Nacra 36 or the Jutson formula 40, are they still out there racing or have they been converted to winnebago's.
The info on the Jutson 40 is in the Prosail 40 thread Just asked the same question.

The 36 Nacra is that Malice ?

Malice has a set of brand new carbon hulls under the old rig.The old hulls are somewhere in Port Douglas.Make Mal an offer.The Hammo boat is from the same mould as Malice but built to survey and is very heavy and quite slow.
New rig is on the way so if you make an offer you might as well make a offer for the whole lot. I am sure Mal will be happy to have a second 36 to play against.
Here is a pic from the Nats

Does anyone know what has become of the the old Nacra 36 or the Jutson formula 40, are they still out there racing or have they been converted to winnebago's.
The info on the Jutson 40 is in the Prosail 40 thread Just asked the same question.

The 36 Nacra is that Malice ?

Malice has a set of brand new carbon hulls under the old rig.The old hulls are somewhere in Port Douglas.Make Mal an offer.The Hammo boat is from the same mould as Malice but built to survey and is very heavy and quite slow.
New rig is on the way so if you make an offer you might as well make a offer for the whole lot. I am sure Mal will be happy to have a second 36 to play against.
Here is a pic from the Nats

!cid_971DD831-4E92-4F64-9092-5882A54D4582@fritz.jpg