Older well known IOR Boats

AlR

What would you like to know?  Peterson 48, owned by Gordon Clute, successful in a string of west coast regattas (Big Boat Series, LB Race Week). 

Built by Gannon IIRC, but a close cousin to the Choate-built peterson-48s (Amante, Elusive, etc)
Gordy is Bill's son.  Bill owned the boat.

Built by Dencho, out of the Brisa, Amante, Elusive, et al tooling.

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
Capture.JPG

(from the 1983 Transpac program)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Didn't Gannon build that 40' double ender based on the Australian design? Very poor grp adaptation of a classic Australian wooden boat. Name escapes me.

Pete Rowland

How about the Zamazaan?  Farr52 built of Kauri, early eighties Transpac, Pac Cup, BBS champion.  Owned by Greg Mullins.  She has a checkered past.  We've been slowly rebuilding her and have her in club race shape.  She's still going strong in San Francisco Bay.  Usually run her with 16-18 crew, had 20 aboard for the last race.  Over the past couple of years we've been PHRF racing her and have won the CYC Mids, GGYC Mids, Vallejo, etc.

zambbs.jpeg

zam_ggyc#2.jpg

Zam_gybe.jpg

FINS

Super Anarchist
Somewhere in my parents house I have a hardcover copy of that book signed by Don & Steve Killing.

Probably right next to the pics of the parade through downtown after the win.  It was even larger than the parades after the Ti-cats won the Grey Cup.

evergreen.jpg
I have a DVD of a home movie of all the races (highlights) . I was in the 6th grade at the time and my dad took me out of school to watch every race except the long distance race in Lake Huron. I watched it a month ago bough back some good memories.