On-The-Water Anarchy - Race Track Monday

nicolabreymaier

France
Vegas Signing in with postponement updates ~ We are under a two hour, with the AP to come down around 11 am.
While I was putting some Kattack transponders on the M32's I watched the poor bastards on Cracker II, a Ker 50 leaving the dock with the wind hitting her from a beam at 30 kts + the crew tried their hardest to keep her off, but alas when they gunned it and threw the helm over, there was a distinct crack of hull on dock as she pulled away. I guess the transom caught a piece of a piling. Truth in advertising (Boat name).

Hopefully all they have to is buff out that ding....

nicolabreymaier

France
Apparently from your vantage point you were missing the fact that the boat was backed up on the spring line and left the dock at full pace, due to the breeze. Two of the fenders popped up, but our helmsman managed to keep it off the dock. To the untrained eye, it may have looked like a problem, but getting off the dock in that much breeze is never fun, and it was pulled off without a scratch. Stick to transponders.

ericmmosher

Super Anarchist
Apparently from your vantage point you were missing the fact that the boat was backed up on the spring line and left the dock at full pace, due to the breeze. Two of the fenders popped up, but our helmsman managed to keep it off the dock. To the untrained eye, it may have looked like a problem, but getting off the dock in that much breeze is never fun, and it was pulled off without a scratch. Stick to transponders.
who are you mad at?

congratulations to you helmsman, good job there, but i don't think the person reporting the (non) incident meant any harm to you or anyone else.

<Drill instructor from "stripes"> Lighten up Francis </off>

Good luck with your week.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
SnappingVagina said:
I think 1.2mill is waaaay off the mark. Granted alot more expensive than originally planned, and getting killled by the Europ but maybe around 850k?
I'm telling you exactly what I was told by someone who helped fit one out. Maybe the owner got a little taken - who knows. I do know that the factory bottom was bumpy and the keel unfair.

best organized one design venues and reggatas in the world.
Huh?

Its a friggin expensive boat for sure. but it seems it hit its market.
I'm not disputing that it's a good cruiser, but it seems to me that its market has more to do with the clout that NYYC and its members have rather than anything substantive to do with the boat. By all accounts, it's an overpriced, overweight hog of a boat. Being a lover of Swans, and having delivered a few back in the day, the 42 has nothing in common with them. Until I saw Amelia dogging up the joint today, I wasn't sure - but now I am.

I hate to see racing take a step backward, and that's what I think the CS42 is - a step backwards.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
No worries, Kayak. Got more where those came from, and tomorrow we're going to work hard to get all the action, as well as inject some much needed hot female images into our report. We're going to organize it a bit differently to speed things up, and the Ed is working on some hardware solutions to help as well. The party plans are finally coming together too. Thanks to all of you for watching and participating - keep the suggestions coming, too.

Squerb

Hell, MI
Thanks for all the coverage Clean. I'm not bitchin' one bit about it. I just wish that I was down there and not up here in the freezer that's called Michigan. It's nice to know what I'm missing.

Squerb

PS Love the overheard conversation.

ericmmosher

Super Anarchist
Mr. Clean. One more thing: Smoother transitions. If we are going to get raw video, which is cool cuz we get it right away, rather than waiting for editing, then pleas move the camera a little slower when changing the subject of focus.

Don't worry about the "edit" cuz like I said we get the stuff right away, but when you pick something else to "look at", move the camera slowly to it otherwise we get just a seasick as everyone on the boat.

Good Work, thanks for feeding us while we freeze it out in the midwest/great lakes.

And I acknowledge it is hard to drive at 15 kts in wind and high seas and hold a camera.

water ratz

Super Anarchist
Near the water
as well as inject some much needed hot female images into our repo

sorry, drunk female here, can you get some hot guys? just joking, however, just got in and now i'm on page 21, working my way back to 17(where I left) and just wnt to see some hot boat shots! am I gonna get to them? just kidding,

:lol: B) :rolleyes: ;) :p CLEAN, THANK YOU FOR ALL THE REPORTS!

svitale

Anarchist
Clean

Not sticking up for Swan's but I think the problem is IRC optimization.

Follow the link to a review (pdf) of Design #588M FARR 42 "IRC FRIENDLY" Racer/Cruiser

They complain that due to the rule, the boat can't be lighter or more powerful

If you look at the specifications they are almost indentical to the CS42

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Clean
Not sticking up for Swan's but I think the problem is IRC optimization.

Follow the link to a review (pdf) of Design #588M FARR 42 "IRC FRIENDLY" Racer/Cruiser

They complain that due to the rule, the boat can't be lighter or more powerful

If you look at the specifications they are almost indentical to the CS42
She sure doesn't move like "Sue." And the asthetics kill me - what a godawful ugly boat. I'm sure I'll piss a bunch of folks off, but so be it. Different stroganoffs.