OPti certer board fix

SockeyeUS119

Super Anarchist
I have never been more proud. My ten YO daughter came into the leeward mark DDW on Stbd and at the last moment she slammed down her board down and gybed sheeted in rolled the boat up flat and took off for the last beat to finish. 

Helping put her stuff away i noticed the whole top of her centerboard was hanging by a few tiny fibers.  Jacobsen Board. foam core with what seems like thickened gel coat and very few fibers in the mix. I can see the sprayed in gel coat and then the rest of the shell is unreinforced something that looks like more gel coat material. I have some ideas to fix but thought best to let youse guys have a shot.  Sockeye

I have never been more proud. My ten YO daughter came into the leeward mark DDW on Stbd and at the last moment she slammed down her board down and gybed sheeted in rolled the boat up flat and took off for the last beat to finish. 

Helping put her stuff away i noticed the whole top of her centerboard was hanging by a few tiny fibers.  Jacobsen Board. foam core with what seems like thickened gel coat and very few fibers in the mix. I can see the sprayed in gel coat and then the rest of the shell is unreinforced something that looks like more gel coat material. I have some ideas to fix but thought best to let youse guys have a shot.  Sockeye
Try the new West System Six10 adhesive in a caulk-style tube. $20 at West Marine or other chanderly. Inject the adhesive using your everyday caulk gun into the area all around where you described as best you can, make sure the top is held in proper position and let it cure. Sand if necessary for correct fit.