Orion Cooker

sheethead

Branford CT
My boss decided we needed an Orion Cooker for our office holiday party. Apparently he saw one at a tailgate and was enthralled...ordered it on my p card and today we decided it was time to check it out. The staff meeting last week was all about this!

Our first try was with full chicken wings, i thought they were cut up ready to go... wtf.. 10 lbs. nice! They cooked for about 2 hours but i wasn't psyched with the tender skin, although tasty. at work. with beer.

Question is though, has anyone used one of these marvels? Got any tips? I like a bit of crisp on my meat...

http://www.theorioncooker.com/

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
If you are going to use the trash can, it is imperative that you start a big roaring fire for just a few minutes with balled up newspaper to cook off the zinc in the galvanized coating on the can! Welders give themselves zinc poisoning when welding galv pipe, it might not kill you but no reason to expose yourself to that crap. Give your trash can a good pre-burn first, or buy the stainless version. BTW the trashcan works great, we have done it for the last 3 Thanksgivings.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
Can you cook one of these??

turkey_958.jpg