Our Beloved mainsheetgirl

If there is a christian god, it's good to know all the chicks down there will be topless when i get there. Satan would never be able to get msg to keep 'em in, and based on a conversation I had with her a couple months ago, if hell exists, she'll figure out a way to get ice and rum down there too.

Recently, Catherine and I agreed that, while we wanted to go to heaven, whatever that is, hell would be great to visit on weekends...

Just know this------God may live in Heaven.... but he vacations in Hell.

A lot....... :p

j109

UK
An amazing lady who has inspired many to fight this terrible disease. I will run London Marathon in your honour. Tears and fair winds .....

dsquared

ct
A profoundly sad day. She gave everyone here a piece of her heart with every smile and last night, we gladly sent her on her way with a piece of our hearts as well. Fair Winds

Throatwarbler-Mangrove

Super Anarchist
New England
So terribly sorry. Thought I was prepared for this, but still a punch to the gut. This has been a season of illness and loss, yet no matter how familiar the feelings of receiving bad news, each blow stings afresh.

I only met MSG a couple of times at the infamous Providence Boatshow crawl, and of course through the forum. Yet I feel as if I lost a good friend.

Fair winds.

BGeff

Super Anarchist
Ann Arbor, MI
Everyone makes decisions, sometimes you make sacrifices in life in order to pursue other things that are important to you. Be thankful for what you have while you have it in your life and make the most of it. And love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day...

And this as well...

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

Fair winds MSG. You touched so many in such a short time.

Everyone makes decisions, sometimes you make sacrifices in life in order to pursue other things that are important to you. Be thankful for what you have while you have it in your life and make the most of it. And love the people God gave you because He will need them back one day...

And this as well...

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”

Fair winds MSG. You touched so many in such a short time.
Win.....

While SA has its rougher moments, there is always much that is great about this site, this place, this home. MSG (abbreviations only, of course) in person epitomized all that is great about this splotch of the interwebs. It would be a testament to her for this site to continue as the spirited, but most importantly irreverent, home for us scoundrels and ne'er-do-wells that it is. She was, and remains, the freeest of free spirits. So should we remain. Sail on, Catherine. Sail on, Anarchists.

kdh

Super Anarchist
If there is a christian god, it's good to know all the chicks down there will be topless when i get there. Satan would never be able to get msg to keep 'em in, and based on a conversation I had with her a couple months ago, if hell exists, she'll figure out a way to get ice and rum down there too.

Recently, Catherine and I agreed that, while we wanted to go to heaven, whatever that is, hell would be great to visit on weekends...
Very funny. You're a good sister.

isma

Super Anarchist
If I ever meet any god, Christian or otherwise, I will have two words to say: "explain Cancer."
Sol,

I've lost half my family to Cancer and am equally confused. I never met MSG but I mourn her death, as I do my family members who had this horrible disease called Cancer.

Life is a gift and not all of us get it all.

Mainsheet sister--

Catherine was probably the most remarkable person I have ever met. She came to Fort Lauderdale to sail and touched all of us who live here with her wonderfully twisted sense of humor, her religiosity collection, her outlook on life, the universe and everything. (The answer, of course is "42".) She volunteered to straighten out the paperwork monster that was threatening to eat my office and it's still much better. Whenever she came to Lauderdale, the sky was bluer, the sea greener, the waves more gentle, the beer beereier, and life infinitely more better.

We will miss her incredible personality and esp. her total lack of pretension. (Actually, she thought of pretension as something like prebend.)

O.K., mainsheetsister, welcome to SA. Nobody has said it yet, although they're all probably thinking it. You are a Newbie, I saw it on your post. Catherine would roll around on the floor laughing out loud that anyone would dare mention the Newbie Protocol to you at this time.

Don't go away, please. You are one of us now and we hope you'll think of the Sea and all of us who honor Catherine's life, her family, her world, her loves, her wonderful life. We are all better for having known and loved her.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave 

with the intention of arriving safely

in an attractive and well preserved body,

But rather to skid in sideways,

chocolate in one hand,

wine in the other,

body thoroughly used up,

totally worn out and screaming

"WOO HOO what a ride!"

The ride was over for MSG far earlier than any of us wanted, but she did seem to live her life to this poem and we all can be glad that she enjoyed this ride we call life.

yowie

Super Anarchist
bris-vegas
Fair winds, following seas and a good supply of organic Sharpie soap to you, Catherine.

So many of us know you only here. Clearly others were more closely touched by this well-led and fulfilled life.

I cannot imagine their loss. This is hard enough.

Family should know that this meteor shone as brightly and as long as ever one could leaving no scent of oxygen unconsummed.

My deep condolences to those felling this pain.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
O.K., mainsheetsister, welcome to SA. Nobody has said it yet, although they're all probably thinking it. You are a Newbie, I saw it on your post. Catherine would roll around on the floor laughing out loud that anyone would dare mention the Newbie Protocol to you at this time.
I neerley coufed up a lungue when I reeded thisse.....the thouht is terbley funnie. I misse C.

goode jobbe B man. :)

Saile on Silvere Girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted, condolences to Connolly family and to all MSG's friends both physical and virtual. I'd like to think we all helped her ride out a little more comfrotable. Fair winds Catherine, save a spot on the rail for me up there.