Overheard on the water.... stories welcome

Jud - s/v Sputnik

Super Anarchist
Canada
Just look him up.

SHC
If Russell’s ok with it...he once posted a beautiful pic here of Jzerro against some incredible sand dunes/cliffs- in Australia, maybe?  I can’t recall where it was - but I saved the pic as a reminder that I want a weird, very cool boat like that one day - which probably won’t happen (but who knows).  And secondly that I want to go to that place and anchor there!  :)  (Think it may have been in the “post-your-sunset-pic-thread, ‘Here Comes The Night’?)

23E37F60-2B50-4B9A-B1BE-825A27C33EC0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

socalrider

Super Anarchist
San Diego CA
I've posted this before but think of the incident every spring working in the boatyard. There are always new owners with shiny new boats and little experience. For that reason, I keep the camera on deck as I work. 

This couple came into the docks off the public landing very slowly. She was standing on the foredeck-bench with the bow line, ready to leap onto the dock. 

He was operating his brand new toy with extreme caution, motoring in slowly. That turned out to be too much caution as he goosed the throttle two yards short of the dock. 

She went ass over teakettle into the (wait for it),...Goose River. 

This was a tight lipped NE couple. She made her shameful/wade past other boaters all the way to the ramp to clamber up on the dock, and then completed her loop in a fast - dripping stroll back down the docks to her husband, who was now tied up on the dock. 

I couldn't hear the strained hissing from my deck but the body language told all. 

View attachment 511326
I love that he's got his PFD on and she doesn't!  

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Sorry for the delay but here is my overheard on the water best story.

I was on a cruise Down Island with a good Windsurfing buddy and his wife and daughter. We stopped in Martinique and didn't think much of the busy lee side so decided to visit the Club Med on the south side. Better wind for windsurfing and my buddy wanted to see the nude beach there. His wife and daughter thought he was a pervert for the last part and I sort of agreed with them on that but I wouldn't mind taking a peek myself.

The wife wouldn't let him anchor directly in front of the nude beach and the wind was better for windsurfing around the small point and he and I could always just do fly-by reaches on our boards for a look and see. As the sun was setting and it was time for 'Petit Punch' (rhum and sugar cane cocktail) the most of the nudists had gone to their rooms and we started in on Happy Hour. It wasn't long before we noted the chop and swell where we were was going to make for an uncomfortable night onboard so the 'girls' agreed that we motor a couple hundred yards around the point where the 'optional' beach started and the waters were calmer. In an effort to avoid any wrap around swell we anchored very close to the deserted shore perhaps so that any early bird risers on board could check out any early sun worshippers the next morning.

Just as we got settled in and were having a nightcap we could hear a group of left over beachgoers just up the beach. They were loud and obnoxious Americans who had drank far too much during the afternoon and were probably glowing in the dark from overexposure to the tropic sun. It sounded like three Redneck couples who were getting a bit risque now that the sun was down with a good bit of ass slapping and groping in the shallows but the girls had turned in and my buddy and I were curious and did some eavesdropping... There were a couple of local 'beach boys' who had scoped out the group dynamic earlier and were sort of hanging around like a pair of hyenas hoping to get a taste of where the evening was leading. The cooler had run dry and it was one of the bubba's to do a drink run and no sooner than he had taken the hike to the bar for more booze, his wife/date/bimbo quietly slid out of their circle towards the local boys lurking in the shadows. 

We were amazed that she managed to slyly join the locals for some 'Big Bamboo' to satisfy here sudden case of 'Island Fever' but the other two couples weren't paying much attention as they were already involved in their own kinky ways. It wasn't long until the errant gal was sampling the local fare right at the waters edge when we saw here guy the waterboy returning with another round of drinks! He got to the small fire that was burning and put the replenishments in the cooler and asked his buddies where his wife had gotten off to. They just pointed in the general direction and the poor Bubba didn't have to walk far to discover his gal getting serviced in the shallows...

The local stud saw him coming and rolled off and tried to act like they were just splashing around 'making friends' and even had the gall to introduce himself as Pierre and stuck a hand out to the cuckold. I thought a big fight was about to erupt but the Bubba just walked right up in front of the guy still sitting on the sand and over the quiet waters said,

'Well Pierre or Francois or whatever your name is, my name is Jimmy and I'm pissed off!"  Then we heard him add,  "and you are about to get pissed on!"

Jimmy the proceeded to empty his swollen bladder all over his wife and her new 'Island Friend'.

Weird enough? Needless to say my friends wife had us up at first light raising anchor up as well away from what was otherwise a very nice beach!

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nota

Anarchist
no not that dangerous or evil

his boat she was a local resent new g/f

she had been told not come back drunk

and would have got rescued if she yelled

anyway was calm and not far from shore

Russell Brown

Super Anarchist
Port Townsend WA
If Russell’s ok with it...he once posted a beautiful pic here of Jzerro against some incredible sand dunes/cliffs- in Australia, maybe?  I can’t recall where it was - but I saved the pic as a reminder that I want a weird, very cool boat like that one day - which probably won’t happen (but who knows).  And secondly that I want to go to that place and anchor there!  :)  (Think it may have been in the “post-your-sunset-pic-thread, ‘Here Comes The Night’?)
Sputnick, That's just behind Cape Capricorn on the Queensland coast. It's on the Tropic of Capricorn, I think. That sand is blown from the beach, which is at least a mile away and is continually falling into the river that I was anchored on. Those are my footsteps in the sand. I was running and jumping off the top and then scrambling back until I had filled every pocket and orifice with sand. Lots of moving sand in Australia.