PA posters who do not sail

Rockdog

Super Anarchist
Illinois
Wow this thread has a wobbly boot, it's all over the place. Speaking of PA posters who do or don't sail I'd love to know what MoH sails and out of what club??

I was hoping this thread could then start adding cunt PA posters who are such a big deadshits that even their own wives won't even sail with them.
Wife? Ahhh, some of us only go out to race, why would you want your wife on-board? I don't need any confusion over who is in charge. :lol:
For you, it's Mom.

Hard On The Wind

Super Anarchist
GMT-8
Swiftsure 2016

gallery_6160_1047_125684.jpg

Battlecheese

Super Anarchist
Gaff bail? you mean the metal half hoop screwed to the middle if the gaff..that's what I meant bb shackle :unsure: I'm OK with Bowlines really. It's just that add the "gaff bail to the bowline I have a 2" thing at the top..against the pully stops me lifting the boom higher too.. maybe it's my gooseneck needs lifting higher..dunno

5W0H37a.jpg
I've done some mirroring from time to time.
Looking at that boat, I'd suggest you learn to love it as it is, or reach for your power tools and credit card.

Just looking at the gaff, if you want to win you'll need to get it vertical. That metal hoop is fucking everything up.

A new gaff will have a slot drilled in the front side - you feed a loop of halyard in, and you push a pin through the gaff and loop. This can then be pulled real hard and flat up against the mast. I have no idea whether your gaff will be able to tolerate that sort of mod at this stage of it's life.

Someone else already suggested taking a class, which is a good idea. You'll find any club with a few mirrors will know when and where a suitable sail-training weekend is occurring.

Not everyone at these events is under 10.

mad

Super Anarchist
The Shadow said:
The Shadow said:
xayiok.jpg

Too big of a boat inland, sold long ago, now just Sunfish and kiteboarding, no complaints though, it's still fun.
Lancer 28 you say? Are you sure??
Woooofey? Lancer 28 was it?
I never said it was a 28. It wouldn't be a 28, that would be an even length hull, not a Herb David hull, which were almost all odd-lengths. I have no interest in the even-length Lancers, never owned one, never plan to.

You made the "28" thing up for some reason, I'm not sure why, don't care.
Well we can definitely add woofers to the list anyway.

Anybody seen him lately?

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Gaff bail? you mean the metal half hoop screwed to the middle if the gaff..that's what I meant bb shackle :unsure: I'm OK with Bowlines really. It's just that add the "gaff bail to the bowline I have a 2" thing at the top..against the pully stops me lifting the boom higher too.. maybe it's my gooseneck needs lifting higher..dunno
I've done some mirroring from time to time.
Looking at that boat, I'd suggest you learn to love it as it is, or reach for your power tools and credit card.

Just looking at the gaff, if you want to win you'll need to get it vertical. That metal hoop is fucking everything up.

A new gaff will have a slot drilled in the front side - you feed a loop of halyard in, and you push a pin through the gaff and loop. This can then be pulled real hard and flat up against the mast. I have no idea whether your gaff will be able to tolerate that sort of mod at this stage of it's life.

Someone else already suggested taking a class, which is a good idea. You'll find any club with a few mirrors will know when and where a suitable sail-training weekend is occurring.

Thanks for that advise..I'm Ok sailing her as she is..Not into racing..I'll just pootle along..I only asked because someone said it needed to be done..I'f she'll sail OK without messing with her, I'm happy.I don't sail very often. My Daughter's rejoining the club this year..she wants to keep the Mirror..but sail a Lazer B)

Hard On The Wind

Super Anarchist
GMT-8
The Shadow said:
I see wooofery has dipped his toe into the Kiteboard Forums. Big move for mikey who I don't think has ever posted outside of PA and GA (with the exception of Void Ho!). Guess he figures he needs to work on his bonafides..... I don't think it will end well for "our hero". Someone alert The Keeper of the Gate to The Stairway of Sorrows. There is gonna be some weeping going on soon.
Wolf is now your personal project apparently.

LB 15

Cunt
I've done some mirroring from time to time.Looking at that boat, I'd suggest you learn to love it as it is, or reach for your power tools and credit card.

Thanks for that advise..I'm Ok sailing her as she is..Not into racing..I'll just pootle along..I only asked because someone said it needed to be done..I'f she'll sail OK without messing with her, I'm happy.I don't sail very often. My Daughter's rejoining the club this year..she wants to keep the Mirror..but sail a Lazer B)
Lazer?

mikewof

mikewof
The Shadow said:
I see wooofery has dipped his toe into the Kiteboard Forums. Big move for mikey who I don't think has ever posted outside of PA and GA (with the exception of Void Ho!). Guess he figures he needs to work on his bonafides..... I don't think it will end well for "our hero". Someone alert The Keeper of the Gate to The Stairway of Sorrows. There is gonna be some weeping going on soon.
I've been posting in the Kiteboard forum since it started. And I've posted here and there in Gear, Fixit, etc. over the years, just less now that my boats can all be lifted with one arm.

Sorry to bust your carefully-constructed stalker hypothesis.

Last edited by a moderator: