PcNautec or make my own?

claudiajohnston

I am considering buying a PcNautec Auto pilot I can see they are based on PyPilot.
Has anyone got any reviews? How reliable is it?
i contacted them last year and got a response in a day. Now I have sent my specs to buy and in a week I have had no response, not reassuring. I tried calling and there was no answer.

The other option is to make my own, I have a old Nautec-Autohelm, and can borrow the arm as control head becoming unreliable (I believe the internal compass is failing).

However reading the how to build guide, I fear that for me PyPilot would be a long project. How long does your average build take?

I am not incompetent on computers but have not been near programming for near 30 years. Dos Basic, Fortran77. Practical I can be I can work through problems, I am not one for soldering.

As I see it I have a tiller Ram, I need user interface, control panel, sensors and motor controller. Then suitable box’s for the above.

All advice appreciated even if it’s not to build and look at off the shelf…

I have searched the forum but found little on PcNautec but see one member is/ was involved,

claudiajohnston

I am considering buying a PcNautec Auto pilot I can see they are based on PyPilot.
Has anyone got any reviews? How reliable is it?
i contacted them last year and got a response in a day. Now I have sent my specs to buy and in a week I have had no response, not reassuring. I tried calling and there was no answer.

The other option is to make my own, I have a old Nautec-Autohelm, and can borrow the arm as control head becoming unreliable (I believe the internal compass is failing).

However reading the how to build guide, I fear that for me PyPilot would be a long project. How long does your average build take?

I am not incompetent on computers but have not been near programming for near 30 years. Dos Basic, Fortran77. Practical I can be I can work through problems, I am not one for soldering.

As I see it I have a tiller Ram, I need user interface, control panel, sensors and motor controller. Then suitable box’s for the above.

All advice appreciated even if it’s not to build and look at off the shelf…
orionautodetailing
I have searched the forum but found little on PcNautec but see one member is/ was involved,
thanks in advance for any feedback

Gigantasy

Front Row Himbo
Oakland
I've just ordered the system (and have a thread on this same topic going) so I'll be back to report on quality/ease of install/user experience and everything else when I have the thing installed.