Peoples Foiler?

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
Oh, did you mean a fullsize monofoiler? Well this boat foiled but not too well. I did design it and build it from scratch. And the news is that it may foil again!

This time with the minor problems corrected. A friend may do something with it... But I'm working on the new boat-same rig(initially) same foils, better control system.

aeroskiff_trial001_small.jpg

aeroskiff_trial005_small.jpg

aeroskiff_trial009_small.jpg

aeroskiff012_small.jpg

main_20foil.jpg

boat_20_2B_20tramps_202.jpg

aeroskiff_trial011_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
Doug,
Your RC foiler is an interesting point. If foiling is the "revolution" and everyone wants to be doing it, how come the entire RC community is not sailing foilers now(especisally yours seeing as it was such a success)?
===============

Money first, technology second,size third. However, there have been recent developments in control technology that will allow a small modestly expensive RC monofoiler to be built.

Tabman

Super Anarchist
Hey Doug,

Bet you won't answer this. How much did you weigh when you foiled on your 1st boat?

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hey Doug,
Bet you won't answer this. How much did you weigh when you foiled on your 1st boat?
----------------------------

250 I guess we all have "issues" sometimes. Some people are so gutless that they hide behind anonymity-probably so that nobody will really know how ignorant they are. People like that hide in the shadows- never actually doing anything themselves- but surely brave in criticizing others while hiding in their pitifull little dark world.

aeroskiff_trial001_small.jpg

aeroskiff_trial011_small.jpg

SimonN

Super Anarchist
Sydney ex London
Simon, you continue to misrepresent the facts. Why? You have shown -repeatedly- that you do not grasp many technical aspects of foiler design.And you comment on the above post-something I never even said! Now thats funny....

This is how Simon sails a Moth:
Doug

How can I misrepresent the facts. They are simple. You have never provided any evidence that you have sailed a bi-foiler. In addition, the best evidence that you have never foiled a bi-foiler is that you do not describe it in a way that anybody who has foiled can relate to. You have clearly demonstrated that you did not understand the techniques required to make a boat foil. If you had foiled you wouldn't have made some of the stupid assumptions about what would work.

I am flattered that you should imply that I sail like Adam May. To do what he did for that photo required total control of the boat. Thanks :)

Tabman

Super Anarchist
----------------------------250 I guess we all have "issues" sometimes. Some people are so gutless that they hide behind anonymity-probably so that nobody will really know how ignorant they are. People like that hide in the shadows- never actually doing anything themselves- but surely brave in criticizing others while hiding in their pitifull little dark world.

Thanks for the answer! I asked you that same question many times and you did not answer it. It has nothing to do with what you weigh, but rather what your foiler can "lift". Back then a couple of us were asking the question to see if guys like us (I weigh 220, but hope to be down to 200) who want to foil, could.

Your feeling about be criticized about your weight is paranoia Doug!

I am actually very interested in foiling, and some of your ramblings are of interest to me. But your overall attitude turns me off!

I am your fucking target customer base for a foiler. Get a grip and stop pissing people off and guys like me might actually lend an ear!

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
Doug
How can I misrepresent the facts. They are simple. You have never provided any evidence that you have sailed a bi-foiler. In addition, the best evidence that you have never foiled a bi-foiler is that you do not describe it in a way that anybody who has foiled can relate to. You have clearly demonstrated that you did not understand the techniques required to make a boat foil. If you had foiled you wouldn't have made some of the stupid assumptions about what would work.

I am flattered that you should imply that I sail like Adam May. To do what he did for that photo required total loss of control of the boat. Thanks :)
----------------------------

In addition to describing that I used a manual altitude control system with twist grip control of the mainfoil flap and showing you that several other people also foiled using a manual altitude control system I also showed you a picture of me sailing my bifoiler and explained why I didn't have foiling pictures. Yet you continue to misrepresent the facts time and again.

Doug Lord

Super Anarchist
Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks for the answer! I asked you that same question many times and you did not answer it. It has nothing to do with what you weigh, but rather what your foiler can "lift". Back then a couple of us were asking the question to see if guys like us (I weigh 220, but hope to be down to 200) who want to foil, could.
Your feeling about be criticized about your weight is paranoia Doug!

I am actually very interested in foiling, and some of your ramblings are of interest to me. But your overall attitude turns me off!

I am your fucking target customer base for a foiler. Get a grip and stop pissing people off and guys like me might actually lend an ear!
=======================

You are an anonomous dark shadow with about as much relevance to anyones target market as Charles Manson.

Christian

Super Anarchist
Oh, did you mean a fullsize monofoiler? Well this boat foiled but not too well. I did design it and build it from scratch. And the news is that it may foil again!This time with the minor problems corrected. A friend may do something with it... But I'm working on the new boat-same rig(initially) same foils, better control system.
That piece of shit NEVER foiler - you are a lying sack of shit. Prove me wrong!

Ross

Super Anarchist
Doug

I am flattered that you should imply that I sail like Adam May. To do what he did for that photo required total control of the boat. Thanks :)

is what you mean that he has never foiled a foiler before?

Major Tom

Super Anarchist
Darkest Africa
Enough is enough! Let's get back to the topic. Why can't you all ignore DL and get this thread to it's logical end. IMHO the current generation of commercialy available Moths are about as user friendly as they possibly could be. If you can sail a Laser around the course in 25 knots of wind without capsizing then it will be a piss easy to sail a foiling moth in 10 to 15 knots of breeze. At least 25 people have sailed my BL and have managed to get it up on foils without too much of a problem. Their weights ranged from 58 to 95 kg. Obviously things like gybing on foils and fakking are a whole lot harder but if it was too easy who would want to do it? The main reason I bought my BL was because I was getting bored with sailing and needed a new challenge and this boat was worth every cent from the enjoyment and challenge factors alone. Presently there is not another foiling Moth within 8000 km of me but that doesn't stop me going on the water as often as possible to try and improve my technique. I can count the number of wipeouts I have had sailing in a straight line on one hand, however I will admit to crashing quite a few times in my quest for the foiling gybe which took about 50 attempts to crack. I have sailed the boat in over 25 knots without capsizing and hit speeds in excess of 20 knots almost every time I sail. Those of you who sail Moths should not be placing yourselves on pedastals but should be doing everything in your power to get more foiling moths on the water. The adrenalin rush you get is as good as it gets and it won't kill you.

Major Tom

Super Anarchist
Darkest Africa
For what its worth I bought my boat 2nd hand and have had NO contact with the manufacturer.The point I was trying to make is that any well sorted moth should be a pleasure to sail.

ferrero

Doug

Please don't quote the knob face, i and many others have chosen to ignore him. All we want to read is the highly entertaining abuse.

SimonN

Super Anarchist
Sydney ex London
Please don't quote the knob face, i and many others have chosen to ignore him. All we want to read is the highly entertaining abuse.
If you want to totally ignore him, don't come on threads with the word "foiler" in the title. You know what they are about and what's going on. I am sorry but I won't play silly games.

Latest posts