Perfect Stranger

Perfect Stranger went through several progressions, I changed some of the Peterson design right out of the box, he wasn't happy, after the molds were made for the 29s, Stranger went on a diet, window cut out of keel filled with foam, interior mast step replaced with 150 lb lighter unit then with the suggestion of SPB we used a longer lighter boom, full batten main and Hall spars quick vang, at its peak it beat Nelson Marek 42 Quintessence boat for boat around the bouys, 

Nick G

SF BAY
Perfect Stranger went through several progressions, I changed some of the Peterson design right out of the box, he wasn't happy, after the molds were made for the 29s, Stranger went on a diet, window cut out of keel filled with foam, interior mast step replaced with 150 lb lighter unit then with the suggestion of SPB we used a longer lighter boom, full batten main and Hall spars quick vang, at its peak it beat Nelson Marek 42 Quintessence boat for boat around the bouys, 
I was involved with the original design concept and build in Santa Barbara with Jeff Jones.  Raced the boat the first year before the 29's started being built. Would be interested to hear more about your experiences etc. 

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
I was involved with the original design concept and build in Santa Barbara with Jeff Jones.  Raced the boat the first year before the 29's started being built. Would be interested to hear more about your experiences etc. 
Wasn’t Jim Donovan largely involved, too?  Great boat.  I loved it when Ricky hooked into Geronimo’s wake coming back from Santa Cruz Island, and Jimmy couldn’t shake him loose until a couple miles from the finish. Corrected by a huge margin!   Hmm...time for a burger at The Habit!  

873978AF-0D0B-47B6-8F28-737842174652.jpeg

Nick G

SF BAY
Yes. Jim worked for Peterson at the time and the boat had a lot of his ideas in it.  It was a well mannered boat that was a fine build with no expense spared. Can’t speak to the 29’s - those were built after my time with Jonestown. 

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Yes. Jim worked for Peterson at the time and the boat had a lot of his ideas in it.  It was a well mannered boat that was a fine build with no expense spared. Can’t speak to the 29’s - those were built after my time with Jonestown. 
Happy F'ing Birthday!

Latest posts