Perpetual AC-35 Protocol Wait Thread

Brutal

Anarchist
Ashburn, VA
I've heard that the protocol was done weeks ago, but Larry is sparing no expense and having monks copy it by hand. Calligraphy and gold-leafing takes time if you want it done right!!!

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
^

This, from the guy for whom emoticons are anathema (that's why I didn't use one): it was a benevolent golf clap, clearly

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruno

Super Anarchist
So the arrogant assholes who have imposed their way on the yachting world are being faulted for consulting and negotiating with stakeholders? And instead of rushing a premature version out are delaying until all the t's are crossed?

Presuming Ed

Super Anarchist
London, UK
So the arrogant assholes who have imposed their way on the yachting world are being faulted for consulting and negotiating with stakeholders? And instead of rushing a premature version out are delaying until all the t's are crossed?
Consultation? Aha aha aha aha aha. I've got a bridge for sale, if you're looking.

You don't think that we're waiting for DdR's case to make it to Lausanne, so that one of the following can occur:

1) His ban (assuming it is 5 years as rumoured) is upheld. The Aussies then say "Look. We don't trust you as far as we can throw you. We insist on ISAF appointing the measurer/jury etc. And if you don't like it, tough. Look what happened last time."

or

2) His ban is reduced or overturned. RC then says "That settles it. ISAF are having nothing to do with my regatta. Final offer: take it or leave it".

maxmini

Super Anarchist
If they move the date for the regatta to sometime in 2018 rather than 2017 then this delay would not be a big issue for anyone . It's not written in stone anywhere that the event HAS to take place in 2017 is it ? It also gives the cup another year to collect dust at GGYC which would not be a bad thing for them I suppose .

Bruno

Super Anarchist
I am struggling with the idea that a group of wealthy influential ambitious men are waiting for an amateur organization to decide on what its internal sanction on one of its member will be before deciding on the next Americas Cup. But probably all of you are better informed and this is a good learning opportunity for me, dotting my i's this time. I am sure that issues like LOA, 1design, format, sites, schedules, etc etc have no bearing and there is no real negotiation between interested parties about them.

Latest posts