Perry Sliver Class Day Sailor

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Windows! Doors! Siding!

Looking like a Boat Shop!!

The Jeff Hammond Boat Shop at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding - Upper Campus

Up the hill and behind the Ajax Cafe, Port Hadlock, Washington

/monthly_03_2011/post-8115-019122100%201301006817_thumb.jpeg

Attachments

• 200221_196582547031499_166884006668020_546798_280202_n.jpeg
    200221_196582547031499_166884006668020_546798_280202_n.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Kim:

Nice job.

So now I suppose we have to build a boat.

Can't let a cool building like that sit empty.

I have just the design in mind.

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
Windows! Doors! Siding!

Looking like a Boat Shop!!

The Jeff Hammond Boat Shop at the Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding - Upper Campus

Up the hill and behind the Ajax Cafe, Port Hadlock, Washington
So I was curious, Kim. How long will a build like that likely take?
We have been discussing that question for several weeks now....we don't know. The boat is very simple, but we have to fit it in the class time and the instructional needs of the school, and this is the largest boat they have built, so schedule is a question. I am hoping we have her sailing Summer of 2012. Maybe sooner, who knows?

No sense in rushing her, we would rather have a really good product, so we are not too worried about how long it will take.

Hike Bitches!

Super Anarchist
Solomons, MD
kim, what a great opportunity for the students to try to figure out that old PNW guy's design plans!!!! :huh:

I bet most of them won't know who he is. :rolleyes: - I was fortunate enough to step on a classic Perry design (Valiant 40) at about age 8.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
Bitches:

With all due respect, I am not 109 years old. But I did not take offense at your remarks.

I'm a semi-perki 64 year old. Like Keith Richards but with the original blood.

I just got started very young. I designed the Valiant 40 when I was 28.

What were you doing when you were 28? Was it important?

I'm not going to hold your young age against you. Well, not too much. But STFU and you might learn something.

I don't trust anyone who was born post Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour. Were you there?

Kids. What are we to do with them?

My 30 year old son Max will be coming up this weekend so I have a weekend of political arguments ahead of me. I never win.

Kids!

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
kim, what a great opportunity for the students to try to figure out that old PNW guy's design plans!!!! :huh:

I bet most of them won't know who he is. :rolleyes: - I was fortunate enough to step on a classic Perry design (Valiant 40) at about age 8.
I have not yet officially met the students, I have been working with the instructors (mainly Bruce) on the planning for the projects. Fortunately Bruce reports this is a really good class of students. I hope to meet them soon. (The school also has a couple of grads who will be working on the boat to help keep the project rolling.)

It will be interesting to see how many of the students know of Bob, I kind of believe one should not be attending a boat building class if they do not know of Bob Perry.

Bob and I will be visiting the project often so the student will sure know who he is soon if they don't already.

A

Amati

Bitches:

With all due respect, I am not 109 years old. But I did not take offense at your remarks.

I'm not going to hold your young age against you. Well, not too much. But STFU and you might learn something.

I don't trust anyone who was born post Beatles. Magical Mystery Tour. Were you there?

My 30 year old son Max will be coming up this weekend so I have a weekend of political arguments ahead of me. I never win.

Kids!
Well, shit, Bob, now I'm going to bore people with tales of playing with the Tom Rush Band on the streets of Cambridge during the Summer of Love. They offered me a gig for their European tour. Like an asshole, I thought I should stay in school.

Do not trust me. I am 59.

Oh crap, I am an asshole!

Somebody, anybody, BUY MY BOAT. Quiet weeping ensues...

the guys with $$$ are building their own. If someone was clever, they could turn this into an industry!

Egads. I've been hoodwinked!!! I was supposed to have my own private helicopter by now. And a 3D repicator.

P

Last edited:

olaf hart

Super Anarchist

I have not yet officially met the students, I have been working with the instructors (mainly Bruce) on the planning for the projects. Fortunately Bruce reports this is a really good class of students. I hope to meet them soon. (The school also has a couple of grads who will be working on the boat to help keep the project rolling.)

It will be interesting to see how many of the students know of Bob, I kind of believe one should not be attending a boat building class if they do not know of Bob Perry.

Bob and I will be visiting the project often so the student will sure know who he is soon if they don't already.
So is Bob getting there by boat, or is there a ferry?

It looks like a log round trip by road.

paps49

Super Anarchist
Adelaide Australia
Kim:

Nice job.

So now I suppose we have to build a boat.

Can't let a cool building like that sit empty.

I have just the design in mind.

And there is already a Cafe next door, Bob.

Bitches:

Kids!
Kids, exactly, WTF would they know. Mine bounced a friggin grapefruit off my head, just because I turned her internet off!!!!!!!

kimbottles

Super Anarchist
PNW
So is Bob getting there by boat, or is there a ferry?

It looks like a log round trip by road.

Bob walks onto the ferry and I pick him up and we drive to the School. I live on the west side of Puget Sound so I am on the same side as the School.

It would be a VERY long trip by car for Bob.

Bob Perry

Super Anarchist
I hear it's quite a cafe but our meetings have always been in the morning and it has not been open so I'll have to wait and see how good it is.