Pics That Get You...

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
What sailing pictures get your juices flowing?

There are no wrong answers...

Screen-shot-2015-02-03-at-20.37.21[1].png

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
My introduction to sailing was aboard SV Rubiyat, Alden design 605. There's an article in a book published by the Chicago Yacht Club that tells the story of the Rubiyat crew sewing sails in a horrific storm on Lake Michigan that year.

Yeah, I'm aging out of sailing. But dreaming is good...

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
06_07961-RoundTheIslandRace-06.jpg

Tactician and owner pucker factor, ++.

A-Skeeter.JPG

Amazing!

DSC_1196__Large_.jpg

I was born on the wrong continent.

home_3.jpg

Can you see legoman adding a strop for the peel? Glad I got to do these though never in conditions quite so exhilarating.

Nuplex.jpg

Definitely born on the wrong continent.

PrideofBaltimore1.jpg

I've been very lucky, not in this photo though.

SquareMeterOldSchool.jpg

So you think you're old school...

Summer Harbor Lg.jpg

I've sailed grandma's furniture in this harbor but with a spinnaker up, begging for a speeding ticket to mount on the wall.

TripleSpin.jpg

I love people like this.

Velux_V5OBBsd_M1780a.jpg

“The sea, the snotgreen sea, the scrotumtightening sea.” James Joyce, Ulysses

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
View attachment 538448
Tactician and owner pucker factor, ++.
went thru there in 2015. it is quite unnerving. Owner and navigator had gone back and forth thru the gap a bunch of times to create a track to follow on the chartplotter. There's a sunk ship very close to that light and the actual passage for a boat that draws more than 5.5' to 6' is only a few boat lengths wide. we were under headsail still at that point as wind was from SW as we went thru there.. popped the kite shortly after ...
was an amazing site to see hundreds of spins in front of you and several hundred more behind.

The Main Man

Super Anarchist
Blighty
went thru there in 2015. it is quite unnerving. Owner and navigator had gone back and forth thru the gap a bunch of times to create a track to follow on the chartplotter. There's a sunk ship very close to that light and the actual passage for a boat that draws more than 5.5' to 6' is only a few boat lengths wide. we were under headsail still at that point as wind was from SW as we went thru there.. popped the kite shortly after ...
was an amazing site to see hundreds of spins in front of you and several hundred more behind.
And Goose Rock to miss as well. One year we went through the gap and our plot said we went right over the top of it - pretty sure we didn’t! Another year we heard a massive clang as someone hit one of the Varvassi wreck boilers. Oops.

Latest posts