Pilothouse For Puget Sound, $40K Or Less

paps49

Super Anarchist
Adelaide Australia
Don't know the design, but that is a lot of concept in just 33'. Shoal keel looks impossibly shallow, wonder how it would sail to windward? Is it  ballasted? 
Yep 1000kg centerboard, had to look at the interior really hard to find it. He actually did some earlier timber versions to refine the ideas before this glass one. Almost impossible to find anything about them.
The underwater shape is not dissimilar to our little Van de Stadt apart from the short rudder and CB..

old 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blom55

Maui
If anyone on this list is interested, a Truant BC 33' pilothouse has just popped up in Hawaii - https://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/boa/d/ocean-view-real-cruiser-33-ft/6784424260.html

I have not seen her and do not know the boat nor the owner(s). Asking is $19.5K. So there you may be.

If seaworthy, or made seaworthy, a trip north east up to SW Alaska then down to the Pungent Sound might be an interseting shakedown cruise.

Interesting looking little boats if you cannot sail outside under a properly built dodger, long tiller and windvane and/or autopilot inside. . . . see also

Nice to read your comments Bob Perry. Chris

blom55

Maui
The owners told me they have posted new interior images over the last weekend on the above craigslist link. Looks like a lot of work, but many of us have probably done that with boat lust. I know I have.