Please help identify this RBBS competitor

We are searching for the identity of this competitor who sailed in Rolex Big Boat Series this year. Please DM me with any leads.

AF8C5340-123B-4DDE-AB71-9BE62D147CD9.jpeg

5395F59C-4EEF-4771-AE57-D4F8A95220CB.jpeg

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
My Dad always said, “A man guilty of misconduct in a sailing regatta after party will always walk with his hands in his pockets when going to the bathroom. It keeps their red hands well
hidden.”

I have no idea who he is, but what did the guilty bastard do? That’s what we all want to know.

He and another individual boarded our boat during the regatta party and tampered with our equipment. We have video of the incident but we are as yet unable to identify him.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
tampered like as in

1. spiderwebbed the cockpit with the mainsheet?
2.left a marine head in the cockpit?
3. crazyglued the depth/speed display cover on?
4. tp'd the boat?

or something reals that could hurt someone or steal something?

cuz if it was 1-4 Id tell you to htfu
if it's one of the latter ones, then I hope you find they guy

PS if it were 1-4 It wasn't me I live on the east coast and I only do these heinous crimes to people I know ;-)

Tampered as in the tampering could have caused serious injury. They unspun lifelines and shackles. This was not a harmless prank, it was a premeditated act of revenge that put our crew in danger for something that occurred on the water.

Last edited:

Sail4beer

Usual suspect
Toms River,NJ
Then that is some shit. Contact the police, they should see the video. What did they tamper with, rig, lifelines, throwable? You should be able to get a crew list from the boat that you may have negatively interacted with on the water. The guy looks like a douche anyway, so fuck him.

LB 15

Cunt
Tampered as in the tampering could have caused serious injury. This was not a harmless prank, it was a premeditated act of revenge that put our crew in danger for something that occurred on the water.
Mate you are going to have to throw us a bigger bone than that. I mean you have already defamed him on an international forum so why not tell us exactly what he did? Left a steamer in your head without asking? Banged your wife? Jizzed on the salon cushions? Came in your mouth?
Come on man - put it out there and we will give you a name.

eliboat

Super Anarchist
Tampered as in the tampering could have caused serious injury. This was not a harmless prank, it was a premeditated act of revenge that put our crew in danger for something that occurred on the water.
An act of revenge would imply that you know who they are, or at least who they are associated with. Also, what would they be trying to avenge? I think Clean is on the right track though. NDT needs to be questioned in this matter!

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Tampered as in the tampering could have caused serious injury. They unspun lifelines and shackles. This was not a harmless prank, it was a premeditated act of revenge that put our crew in danger for something that occurred on the water.
as eli says, you know which boat you had an incident with. If you actually want to find the person's name, call out the boat or STFU. I only see one DSQ on the scoring list. https://yachtscoring.com/event_results_cumulative.cfm?eID=15026

Here's the crew list: https://yachtscoring.com/crew_list_report.cfm?eID=15026

Last edited:

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Sounds very serious, which makes me wonder why you have posted here and not filed a protest for un-sportsman like behaviour against the boat/team that you feel are reacting to an incident on the water?

You already stated that you have video of the tampering. It would not be hard in a formal protest to find out which team member committed this alleged act.

An act of revenge would imply that you know who they are, or at least who they are associated with. Also, what would they be trying to avenge? I think Clean is on the right track though. NDT needs to be questioned in this matter!
We have a suspicion as to who it is but are not confident enough to make an outright allegation of his identity until someone else can confirm it. As I said, they boarded the boat and spent six minutes aboard in the dark with a flashlight doing something. When we returned to the boat, the lifelines had been completely unspun and the spinnaker turning block shackles had been unwould to expose only one thread. If we had not noticed it, things could have been really bad. I decline to elaborate further because to do so would compromise my own anonymity to the extent that it exists.

Latest posts