PNW Trip

Baldur

Super Anarchist

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
On a related note, we're going to be in Anacortes for July and August.

Can't help you get a charter, though my son has a boat there. 

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
The charter possibilities are looking pretty bleak. Nevertheless...

We have booked a place in Port Angeles for September 9 to 14. I plan to attend the Wooden Boat Festival in Port T on the 10th, and we'll have 11th to 13th to explore the Olympic Peninsula. I would love to meet up with any Anarchists who might be at the Festival. PM me if that's possible.

The plan is to go to Victoria @Ishmael via ferry on the 14th, spend 2 or 3 days there, and  ferry to the San Juan Islands.

If your budget has a little rm, sea plane from Seattle to San Juans and Victoria is a nice way to go.  With four people you are more or less chartering the small ones.  Check out Kenmore Air, they fly out of lake union and go to all San Juans and used to go to Sydney and Victoria, have not checked in a while. On a clear day it's pretty spectacular view and cuts travel time way down.  WSF are a mostly mess right now and probably will be for a while.  They had manning issues pre pandemic and it has only gotten worse since.  Lots of last minute cancellations etc.  San Juan runs worse than others.  Rosario on Orcas has a 3 for 2 night deal going. Pay two get last free.  About 35 min from lake union via sea plane and you are at the dock in Rosario in Moran Park, one of the nicest in WA.

You can check Skyline by Anacortes for walk on water taxi options, company also does sight seeing charters.

Port Angeles is a ways out from things.

Watch the schedule as well, if things open the boat shows are Victoria, Deer Harbor then PT all in a row.

sam_crocker

Super Anarchist
PNW
If anyone is interested in aviation, the Museum of Flight is a must see.  Paul Allen also has something up at Paine field in Everett.

mcmurdo

earth
It's offcial: the Anacortes-Sidney run has been cancelled for the spring and summer.

https://www.timescolonist.com/local-news/washington-state-axes-anacortes-sidney-route-for-this-spring-and-summer-5136429

DDW

Super Anarchist
If you are thinking about Kenmore air, be sure to pack light. You are allowed one (honest) carry on at no more than I think 25 lbs each, without prior arrangement and possibly an extra charge. 

To explore the San Juans after Victoria, you will need to take the Coho back to Port Angeles, then over to Anacortes, then to the San Juans. Actually a scenic trip all around. 

Ishmael

Fuctifino
If you are thinking about Kenmore air, be sure to pack light. You are allowed one (honest) carry on at no more than I think 25 lbs each, without prior arrangement and possibly an extra charge. 

To explore the San Juans after Victoria, you will need to take the Coho back to Port Angeles, then over to Anacortes, then to the San Juans. Actually a scenic trip all around. 
Or we could drop them in Roche Harbor...

Latest posts