PNW Trip

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
A few local economic & humor observations:
  1. Gas price today on the O.P. was $4.259 at Costco in Sequim, as low as $3.879 near Coupeville on Whidbey Island.
  2. Bought a no name brand nail clipper at Safeway in Port Townsend for $1.99. It was a piece of junk, would not clip a nail, and fell apart. Bought a "Trim" brand clipper at Swain's General Store in Port Angeles for $1.27. Works perfectly.
  3. Saw the following marquee sign on Route 20 near Naval Air Station on Whidbey Island: "Store Your Recently Unclassified Documents Here"
  4. Bought a T-shirt at Quimper Mercantile, Port Townsend that says, "My Favorite Color is Beer"

Panope

Super Anarchist
Port Townsend, WA
My junk schooner has the main mast in a tabernacle on the cabin top forward of frame 11 and the foremast just fwd of the cabin, in a tabernacle on the foredeck. Neither screw with the interior arrangement.

Of course that meant I had to have the offset companionway of death, so there is that.

FWIW...

FKT
I can't remember - does Colvin's junk schooner have the masts in different locations than the gaff schooner?

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
Had very good pub food and beer at Brown Tavern in Anacortes. We are staying at the Ship Harbor Inn, very close to the ferry terminal. Snug, old fashioned, and includes breakfast.

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
I can't remember - does Colvin's junk schooner have the masts in different locations than the gaff schooner?

Mine does, yeah, but Tom re-did the sail plan for my stretched hull. I think the original one had the masts in the same place but vertical for the junk rig. I was going to build the ketch rig originally but changed my mind and had Tom do a new sail plan.

FKT

IStream

Super Anarchist
Might I suggest you head over to Dad's Diner for breakfast or lunch. Last time I went was pre-pandemic, but it was incredible.

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
Might I suggest you head over to Dad's Diner for breakfast or lunch. Last time I went was pre-pandemic, but it was incredible.
Looks good. Our ferry leaves before lunch, so don’t think we can make it.

We just destroyed the complementary breakfast at the Ship Harbor Inn.