Post Office grinding to a halt

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
USPS rant number about a million!

My car registration took from Dec 20 to now to travel about 15 miles :angry: At least the po-po have been advised to let expired stickers slide, lots of them are in mail limbo.

I have a package from New Orleans that somehow went to New Hampshire on the way to Maryland and has been there about a week.

Gaithersburg to my house is maybe 45 miles. That package got to DC and has been sitting a week.

WTAF :huh: Maybe no room on the truck going to Fargo :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Hey, the government is fucked up! It's run by lazy incompetent corrupt jerks!

That's the official trumpublican party line, and he's installed lazy incompetent corrupt leaders to make goddam sure it's come true

- DSK

3to1

Super Anarchist
seems to me the USPS has been off it's game right around the time that crooked tRumpturd de joy put a stick in it's spokes, eh. seems worse now due to holiday backload/covid.

long live the USPS.

Innocent Bystander

Super Anarchist
Lower Southern MD
USPS rant number about a million!

My car registration took from Dec 20 to now to travel about 15 miles :angry: At least the po-po have been advised to let expired stickers slide, lots of them are in mail limbo.

I have a package from New Orleans that somehow went to New Hampshire on the way to Maryland and has been there about a week.

Gaithersburg to my house is maybe 45 miles. That package got to DC and has been sitting a week.

WTAF :huh: Maybe no room on the truck going to Fargo :rolleyes:
Yep. Had a package from Charlotte take 12 days to get here, a business letter take 14 days from Dallas and last week my wife got a credit card bill on the 31st, the last day to pay before a late penalty. Fortunately, she knew it was due so went online on the 30th and paid it with a transfer payment. My bank has notified us that their bill pay service can’t guarantee mail delivery for creditors who don’t accept payments and recommended that we add 3-5 days to the lead times we have been using for 10 years and we have adjusted cash flow planning accordingly. 

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
Nothing to see here Donnies acting fuckwit has simply positioned the carcass in a place where the Capitalist vultures can pick it clean after Donnies departure.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
And it is coincidentally making a lot of mail-in ballots late in Georgia.
Well, at least that won't raise any thought provoking questions.   And if the Republicans win the runoff we'll know that there was no compelling case for targeted fraud.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
After 4 years you begin to see the pattern, Donnie squeals the loudest about the very things he's doing,  that are illegal.

Probably a good thing we have at least one tape of him trying to influence elected officials in an election.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Oddly enough, I ordered some prescriptions from my pharmacy on-line on Sunday afternoon  the 27th (X-mas weekend) and the US Post Office delivered them Monday afternoon the 28th.

Could it be that you expected great mail performance during the busiest time of the year?  Nah.  Anecdotes do not make a good basis for policy.  

(And didn't "po-po" go out of linguistic fashion in about 1996?)

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
priority express took 13 days to travel 150 miles over the holidays, now it’s down to 10 days.     My local post office had 3000 packages after lunch when I stopped by last week, the postmaster said 1000 was normal.    Add the loss of sorting machines in an attempt to stop absentee voting, it’s bad.   I did forward some diabetic supplies to my neighbor in AZ overnight and he got them before noon,   It cost $50.    

An acquaintance has been trying to send me a first class letter for a  month.   The first time they mistakenly returned to sender.    Now it’s on day 14 and pending.   

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Oddly enough, I ordered some prescriptions from my pharmacy on-line on Sunday afternoon  the 27th (X-mas weekend) and the US Post Office delivered them Monday afternoon the 28th.

Could it be that you expected great mail performance during the busiest time of the year?  Nah.  Anecdotes do not make a good basis for policy.  

Correct.  Meanwhile, I've been ordering stuff from Amazon and getting them 3-4 days EARLIER than they said they would deliver.  Same from some online gun dealers.  Some bits and parts they say will take 5-7 business days have been arriving by UPS in 2.  So it's not like this stuff "can't" be done.  

(And didn't "po-po" go out of linguistic fashion in about 1996?)
Also correct.  It's now officially the Po-Leece.  

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Correct.  Meanwhile, I've been ordering stuff from Amazon and getting them 3-4 days EARLIER than they said they would deliver.  Same from some online gun dealers.  Some bits and parts they say will take 5-7 business days have been arriving by UPS in 2.  So it's not like this stuff "can't" be done.  

Also correct.  It's now officially the Po-Leece.  
As it has been since the 70's or perhaps right after people stopped calling them "The Heat", "Flatfeet",  "Bobbies"  or "Peelers".  

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Let me add my anecdote.

I ordered some food items from a place in NJ.  Highly perishable.  Due at my house at noon. At 10pm the previous evening they were still in Philly. Showed up at my house at 11:15am.  Seller sent them overnight priority, or something like that.  

Ishmael

Granfallooner
Fuctifino
As it has been since the 70's or perhaps right after people stopped calling them "The Heat", "Flatfeet",  "Bobbies"  or "Peelers".  
The only Peelers I knew worked in strip clubs.

"The Law" is always in style.

"Pigs" don't fly in polite conversation.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
The only Peelers I knew worked in strip clubs.

"The Law" is always in style.

"Pigs" don't fly in polite conversation.
Sir Robert Peeler professionalized the London constabulary.  Thuse the source for both "Bobbies" and "Peelers"  Yeah, I know.  TMI.

Meanwhile the miserable, disgraceful Postmaster DeJoy is heading for the door.

Ishmael

Granfallooner
Fuctifino
Sir Robert Peeler professionalized the London constabulary.  Thuse the source for both "Bobbies" and "Peelers"  Yeah, I know.  TMI.

Meanwhile the miserable, disgraceful Postmaster DeJoy is heading for the door.
He should be headed to the plank. Deliberately trashing a prime government agency is not something to be proud of.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
He should be headed to the plank. Deliberately trashing a prime government agency is not something to be proud of.
Interfering with the mail is big-time offense, or using mail in a crime. Used to be something they tacked on to mobsters charge sheets to make sure they spent an extra decade or two in the pen.

Might be difficult to PROVE he did it ON PURPOSE but I bet there are enough people with a grudge that they'll be able to pull in plenty of testimony.

- DSK