Practice Races This Week

Yeah it seems that it's damage related.

LiveSailDie are reporting that, though not what sort of damage as it's all rumours.

So 'refuse' is just more typical NZH/NZME clickbait.

fish7yu

Taiwan
America's Cup: Nerves in Italy and anxiety in Britain as Team New Zealand dominate early 

Duncan Johnstone10:15, Dec 11 2020

America's Cup: Nerves in Italy and anxiety in Britain as Team New Zealand dominate early

06-49-09-1607634935138.jpg

cinnr

I'm guessing they will all be sporting smaller foils and more sail area after their shed time...and maybe that fairing thing on the arm just above the foil?

dullers

Super Anarchist
Englandshire
This look kind of familiar, ETNZ once again, is the Lone Wolf........   :ph34r:
The challengers will get plenty of racing if they want it for practice. Team Middle east is not in that position to get genuine race practice in. It is all part of the tactics. I suspect there is nothing wrong with any of the boats.

Zaal

Anarchist
Italy
I'm sure that LR - and probably the other Challengers too - didn't want this Practice Days. Two weeks ago Max Sirena said that ETNZ wanted more "days on the water with the Challengers" and they were against it. At that time, I didn't know what he was talking about, official practice days were announced couple of day after. 

chesirecat

Super Anarchist
Shoebox on M'way
The challengers will get plenty of racing if they want it for practice. Team Middle east is not in that position to get genuine race practice in. It is all part of the tactics. I suspect there is nothing wrong with any of the boats.
Its not in the best interests of the challengers to give the defender any chance of close quarter work, beside, this window is the best time to install scheduled upgrades as one needs to cut down windows to prevent opposition from copying. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Lone Wolf........   :ph34r: 
The title RG put on his book... 

As if it was a compliment, when it really implies an unsociable outcast. No surprise that nobody cares to go out there to play with him. 

Last edited by a moderator:

uflux

Super Anarchist
The title RG put on his book... 

As if it was a compliment, when it really implies an unsociable outcast. No surprise that nobody cares to go out there to play with him. 
I don’t think ETNZ cares. They have often been the strongest competition and are fine with the consequences. If anything it just makes them and the country more determined. Why care about the opposition when you have an entire country behind you...and you know you have a very fast boat  :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator: