Prada Cup

bortolo

UK or Italy
This statistics about Olympic medals may bring back some bad memories to Pietro Sibello. If I remember well, in 2008 Pietro and his brother were ready to celebrate a bronze at Olympics after the medal race. Then they found out that the Danish team (which had dismasted in the previous race) had been actually participating in the medal race with the boat of another team (and with another flag). So the Sibello's ended up fourth. 

zenmasterfred

Super Anarchist
Lopez Island
And now back to present moment, any anarchists making their way out to the course?  Has the RC decided which course and what does the weather look like?  About 5 hours to go still post time.

JJD

Anarchist
image.png image.png

zenmasterfred

Super Anarchist
Lopez Island
Mahalo.  Guess I could get off my ass and go to Am. Cup website.  (or stay on my ass at my computer)  Sometimes feeling a little compulsive about seeing actual sailboat racing w/ all the other shit going on around us.  Could be worse!

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL wino

Auckland
It’s sure blowing here in south Auckland

I wonder what the sea state is like.....have the waves become choppy

lets hope it’s 20 knots and choppy out there

ill have my popcorn ready 

Incoming tide from 1447 with a 3.2m so could be a bit of chop against the fresh SW by race time. 

southseasbill

Super Anarchist
Seems a bit cooler than the day that AM had their incident. Wind similar speed, so with the cooler temps the air will have higher density so more power! I expect AM will win today.

Last edited by a moderator: