Great Lakes
mmmmmmmmmm......... wish-key.

IMG_5306_5.jpg

bmiller

Super Anarchist
Buena Vista, Colorado

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
I think it was the other way around. They had to have been drunk to invent that silly game.
I once had someone ask me how I could afford to play golf as it so expensive.  Clubs, shoes, balls, greens fees, etc.

My answer was simple: want to see expensive, try sailboat racing.  Nothing like the warm feeling you get when you shred a $10,000 main or the first time a new chute comes out of the bag you tear it.

jerseyguy

Super Anarchist
Expensive is when you sail and she owns horses.
Back when I was selling boats I had a client who really wanted to move up from a 30 to a 35.  Just could not get him to pull the trigger.  His daughter had gotten into dressage and he said the money was just flying out the window.  I had to look up dressage.  Holy bankruptcy Batman.

Tax Man

Super Anarchist
Toronto
Shortly after the Scottish people invented golf, they invented Scotch.

Here is  Robin Williams on inventing golf (note: very liberal use of the F word.)

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&p=robin+williams+golf#id=1&vid=fc91c8b1b670adc14cf0c8a524491d03&action=click
Scotch was first.  There are 18 holes on a golf course because that is how many shots you get out of a fifth of whisky.

random

Super Anarchist
His daughter had gotten into dressage and he said the money was just flying out the window.  I had to look up dressage.  Holy bankruptcy Batman.
Yeah well, tell me about it.  4th horse arrives next month.

Not so bad if they stay in dressage, it's when they change disciplines that it burns.  The good news is that they make tearing a kite look not so bad!

Latest posts