Protocol for the 37th America’s Cup

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
The AC37 Protocol specifically states that a Venue MUST be named by March 31st. ETNZ would need Approval from their CoR INEOS Britannia to amend the Protocol if they want to Delay it again and I am not sure Sir Jim Ratcliffe/RYS Chairman Bertie Bicket are willing to do that.

NO VENUE BY MARCH 31ST = DoG Match

You heard it here first!

The AC37 Protocol specifically states that a Venue MUST be named by March 31st. ETNZ would need Approval from their CoR INEOS Britannia to amend the Protocol if they want to Delay it again and I am not sure Sir Jim Ratcliffe/RYS Chairman Bertie Bicket are willing to do that.

NO VENUE BY MARCH 31ST = DoG Match

You heard it here first!
Jeddah is the fall back venue so there will be a venue.  Jeddah just made another $120M in oil profits while I typed this email.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Jeddah is the fall back venue so there will be a venue.  Jeddah just made another $120M in oil profits while I typed this email.
What are you hearing regarding the Venue? Any Updates since your Sources seem to be mostly correct since AC37 started?

Congrats & KUDOS to you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Jeddah is the fall back venue so there will be a venue. 
I could see a small event if it did go to Jeddah, with another step-back in the already-few teams and for the potential rumored French wannabe team too.

If Ineos holds ETNZ's feet to the flames on the already agreed-to 2024 date (and I'm guessing they will) well then Auckland is still my best guess, we are a week into March and that is the only venue with all 4 of public interest, a financial offer, already-built facilities, and an iconic sailing venue.    

Last edited by a moderator:

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
I could see a small event if it did go to Jeddah, with another step-back in the already-few teams and for the potential rumored French wannabe team too.

If Ineos holds ETNZ's feet to the flames on the already agreed-to 2024 date (and I'm guessing they will) well then Auckland is still my best guess, we are a week into March and that is the only venue with all 4 of public interest, a financial offer, already-built facilities, and an iconic sailing venue.    
Be careful the way you use 4….;)

If Ainslie has been paying attention he’ll know now is exactly the time to put maximum pressure on Dalton.