PTSD

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Our troops in Afghanistan have orders to stand by rather than rescue our people. Our people being allies and citizens.

Imaging being able to rescue people but having orders to stand down. That will fuck you up for life.

I have an intimate understanding of PTSD and it's insidious, destructive consequences. There is a shit storm coming.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
The shit storm started long ago, it's just building in to a tornado these days.

And trust me, PTSD isn't just for military or front line medical personnel. There are millions of people around the world, and even in our sainted country who experience it every year. W/O recognition.

Ask PB.... Go to enough totally involved structure fires, or multi vehicle collisions, and it totally fucks some people up.

Even watching slaughterhouse videos can do it for some.

I've seen a lot of bad shit in my days, and  count myself lucky that I still have at least a large minority of my sanity left.

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Agreed. I am neither military nor front line. Let's cut to the chase. I have disdain for people who claim to be hurt by something as innocuous as a video or something minor. They can go fuck themselves. My parents were insane and I have my own very real version

Maybe... nevermind.

Our soldiers that have the ability to save allies and citizens from slaughter and rape being told to stand down...

That is the definition of fucked up.

The storm gathers strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
These United States citizens were told to get the fuck out of Afghanistan in April. It's now that other month that starts with the letter 'A'. Shall our troops prechew these citizens food for them as well? I want to know why they're still in Kabul in that other month that starts with the letter 'A'.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Agreed. I am neither military nor front line. Let's cut to the chase. I have disdain for people who claim to be hurt by something as innocuous as a video or something minor. They can go fuck themselves. My parents were insane and I have my own very real version

Maybe... nevermind.

Our soldiers that have the ability to save allies and citizens from slaughter and rape being told to stand down...

That is the definition of fucked up.

The storm gathers strength.
Where can we see the order?

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
These United States citizens were told to get the fuck out of Afghanistan in April. It's now that other month that starts with the letter 'A'. Shall our troops prechew these citizens food for them as well? I want to know why they're still in Kabul in that other month that starts with the letter 'A'.
$s.

oops

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Some folks just can't seem to handle reality. It's right there on tv with Afghans crushing each other in the queue. But the anti-reality bunch whine about soldiers not being ordered outside the base to round up civilian Americans who were told to evacuate months ago. The last clear chance to get out safely was in April, then May, then June, then July ... and now it's too late. They got paid well for taking a gamble. Cool when ya win. Welcome to the world beyond your armchair.

Take heart: America's Got Talent is on NBC at 8pm tonight. That will get yer mind off the real world for a bit.

3to1

Super Anarchist
didn't know so many 'muricans chose to stay because they were milking cash cows, and rather nefarious ones at that. guess they shoulda' got while the gittin' was good...  OOP SIE! 

Ventucky Red

Super Anarchist
didn't know so many 'muricans chose to stay because they were milking cash cows, and rather nefarious ones at that. guess they they shoulda' got while the gittin' was good...  OOP SIE! 
Yeah... and we'll probably end up paying the ransom to get them back.

Latest posts