Purpose of 2nd Amendment

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
Trump admin imprisons American with no due process.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/detention/us-citizen-detained-without-charge-trump-administration-year

America's gun owners respond to tyrannical government by putting non working TV set on fencepost at end of country road and shooting it 
The gun nutters are actually very timid, fearful and meek people (e.g. Tom is a pacifist and would never use his dogballs against invading Nazis).  And it makes sense--- confident, curious, outgoing people don't hide behind guns or post threads worrying about Ebola.   

The gun nutters are "good germans" and can be expected to go along with what the government tells. them.  

It turns out that the 2nd amendment was mostly about white folks arming themselves against the darkies.  And to that extent, it's working.  

Last edited by a moderator:

jocal505

moderate, informed gunowner
Seattle, Wa
Look, the Second was set up by the  Militia Act of 1792. Why guess around about the Second, go read this thing. ESPECIALLY TOM AND JEFFIE. 

You gotta like this author-- since the pro-rights writings will be laid out in every discussion.

The 1792 NATIONAL MILITIA ACT, the Second Amendment, and Individual Militia Rights:

A Legal and Historical Perspective 70pgs     https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1705564

In the PNW, soon after the Militia Act, most American presence was made insignificant by the War of 1812. It was YUGE, Ouch.

Meanwhile, Jefferson had scrounged a Navy and faced off with Libyan pirates in 1803 with it.

Hmmm, Jefferson faced the antics of the British and Napoleon, with a militia which was a flop.

Why the flop? Bueller comments welcome, but it seems that generally, the terms of the  militia (and the supply of weapons) were wildly confused, and inconsistent.

Confusion was caused by mistrust, and by vague and unproven authority. The Second never did work.

I have began to wonder about something. Today,  a formidible de facto militia rests in the National Guard and Reserves. Why is the two-bit insurrection militia the only flavor ever discussed or accepted  on PA?

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
Ben, why did you say "well regulated" means "the government can and should ban all guns" so many times?

Clove, why do you like to assault people who disagree with you?
Yer a redneck shithead. You have race-baited me eght of the last nine days. (You took Sunday off.)

It must be a record.

Are those your elk in the OP, shooting stuff as they spite "the government"?

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
Ben, why did you say "well regulated" means "the government can and should ban all guns" so many times?

Clove, why do you like to assault people who disagree with you?
He's using this 'press' as an assault weapon.  It should be banned.

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
Ben, Clove & jocal are "good Jews"  and will meekly get in the cattle car when antifa tells them.
We will do our fighting, and we will do it well. We will choose our own tools, the timing will determine itself.

We have special elk. This one did  a "good jew" job on Chicago. To him, U.S. gansta violence is just another epidemic. CV3-Gary Skutkin, of Cure Violence.jpg

God was punishing Europe. To the devout Christian populous in 14th century nothing else made sense. Twelve Genoese ships docked in Messina, Sicily in October 1347. Onboard the vessels’ dying sailors writhed in agony as their bodies became marred with dark, black, swollen patches oozing blood and pus. The victims smelled awful, sweated profusely, expelled dark foul excretions from their bodies. They expired quickly in horrendous pain.

And, then it spread to the rest of Europe.

Black Death’s shadow extended across the continent claiming victims in the most gruesome of ways — subdermal hemorrhages, crippling pneumonia - -launching a desperate search for causes. There was speculation of contaminated air and theories about the configuration of the planets in these centuries before Pasteur and Koch developed the fundamental concepts of microbiology. An estimated quarter of the population — some 25 million people — had perished under the scythe of the Black Death, but God’s wrath seemed the prevailing culprit. Any notion that an invisible microorganism — discovered only centuries later (to be named Yersinia pestis) — was hitching a ride on the back of a rat in the blood-filled belly of a flea would have been a further fetched concept than astrology, demonic possession or wizardry. These were the days before infectious disease or invisible microorganisms were understood.

The desperate solutions created in this enormous scientific blind spot were deplorable in hindsight, although they must have appeared of some value at the time.

Human history is filled with tragic blunders that fail to put their finger on the problem, and actually compose a “solution” that has no value. This is where we are today, relying on prisons as solutions to reducing the epidemics of violence.

(...)At this event, the group discussed brain mechanisms that may be involved in the infectious nature of violence as well as why the CeaseFire method of interrupting conflicts and behavior change have a basis in the new sciences.

MIT’s Social Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, Saxelab, sponsored the event along with The Project on Justice in Times of Transition to advance the emerging, cutting edge scientific field of neuroscience of conflict. Rather than an academic exercise, the event was a conversation between forward-looking experts and practitioners. CeaseFire shared the vision that violence not only behaves as a disease transmitted person to person, but also that it can be prevented and stopped like a disease.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/gary-slutkin/reunderstanding-violence-_1_b_1431360.html

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
Trump admin imprisons American with no due process.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/detention/us-citizen-detained-without-charge-trump-administration-year

America's gun owners respond to tyrannical government by putting non working TV set on fencepost at end of country road and shooting it 
Pretty powerful OP, from a  Mr. Hafetz, heh heh. The ACLU does great work, it's quite unique. And the press seems like it's getting sharper in the age of the internet. 

You've got this. The thread title needs an explanation.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
It just sort of just came to me. So many times . What I appreciate is your direct verbatim quote. It shows that at least one person is paying attention. Thank you. 

benwynn

Super Anarchist
Ben, Clove & jocal are "good Jews"  and will meekly get in the cattle car when antifa tells them.
Well, if I were to become a gun owner again, I could be ready for such an event. Perhaps while it's going on, you, Tom and I could get together and watch football. I'll bring the beer.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
Pretty powerful OP, from a  Mr. Hafetz, heh heh. The ACLU does great work, it's quite unique. And the press seems like it's getting sharper in the age of the internet. 

You've got this. The thread title needs an explanation.
Really? Ok....

Aside from protection against someone who is going to bash your door down and slaughter your family at any given moment, I keep hearing that the main purpose of gun ownership  is to protect the people from a tyrannical government.  One great tyrannical move is indefinate imprisonment without charge. It happened under the Bush Administration in two cases if memory serves, and now under Trump.

In each case, the self appointed guardians of our freedom are doing jack fuck about it. Instead, they sit back while the ACLU (who they don't hold in very high regard) goes to bat for them.

Tom can't even comment on the event, still stinging from the butthurt of me calling out his clumsy explanation that the term "well regulated" means training while not meaning training.

Where are you guys? What does a tyrannical government look like? Do you think they just show up in black vans and herd us up? Do you need it to look like a Tom Clancey novel?  Because it won't.

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
...    ...    ...

Where are you guys? What does a tyrannical government look like? Do you think they just show up in black vans and herd us up? Do you need it to look like a Tom Clancey novel?  Because it won't.
Didn't you get the memo? A "tyrannical gov't" is one where a non-Republican black person or a woman is elected President.

I dunno if having Nancy Pelosi as House Speaker is fully tyrannical, but it's getting close.

-DSK

jocal505

Seattle, Wa
Really? Ok....

Aside from protection against someone who is going to bash your door down and slaughter your family at any given moment, I keep hearing that the main purpose of gun ownership  is to protect the people from a tyrannical government.  One great tyrannical move is indefinate imprisonment without charge. It happened under the Bush Administration in two cases if memory serves, and now under Trump.

In each case, the self appointed guardians of our freedom are doing jack fuck about it. Instead, they sit back while the ACLU (who they don't hold in very high regard) goes to bat for them.

Tom can't even comment on the event, still stinging from the butthurt of me calling out his clumsy explanation that the term "well regulated" means training while not meaning training.

I can get behind the ACLU as a weapon of choice. Easily. And I like their battleground, the courts.

But if they fail we go back to guns again, do we not? Keep going for me.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
All of you are misinformed . .  

Since Dubya, the US government has claimed the right to detain any person on the planet (including USAeans), torture them, and do so indefinitely without trial. 

Obama took it a step further, and claimed (and exercised) the right of the US govt. to execute US citizens without trial. 

And what does all this have to do with the Second Amendment?  Very Little. 

Where in hell have y'all been? 

benwynn

Super Anarchist
All of you are misinformed . .  

Since Dubya, the US government has claimed the right to detain any person on the planet (including USAeans), torture them, and do so indefinitely without trial. 

Obama took it a step further, and claimed (and exercised) the right of the US govt. to execute US citizens without trial. 

And what does all this have to do with the Second Amendment?  Very Little. 

Where in hell have y'all been? 
It has everything to do with the 2nd amendment according to those who defend gun ownership on the basis of it.