Purpose of 2nd Amendment

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
On phone. 

No gas chambers. I see city cops going along to get along. Military same. Life won't change much for most D's. They're needed.

Likely social services will be reduced drastically for Hispanics/Blacks. Gangs will be targeted and eliminated door by door. Public schools will be all white again. People of color with jobs will be needed but replaced as they can be with Whites.

Inner city real estate will be reclaimed by the swells. Residents moved to camps.

Gas might be a blessing opposed to exposure, starvation and disease 

Books are being written as we speak.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
On phone. 

No gas chambers. I see city cops going along to get along. Military same. Life won't change much for most D's. They're needed.

Likely social services will be reduced drastically for Hispanics/Blacks. Gangs will be targeted and eliminated door by door. Public schools will be all white again. People of color with jobs will be needed but replaced as they can be with Whites.

Inner city real estate will be reclaimed by the swells. Residents moved to camps.

Gas might be a blessing opposed to exposure, starvation and disease 

Books are being written as we speak.
You are scaring the crap out of me.  Garland better hurry the heck up!  And I better change my listed political registration, which is a stupid thing anyway.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
You are scaring the crap out of me.  Garland better hurry the heck up!  And I better change my listed political registration, which is a stupid thing anyway.
Yeah, me too. Being superannuated, I won't have to see it much longer and I'll fit in regardless being the lucky color. I think the midterms will determine our future as a nation.  

Voyageur

Super Anarchist
On The Borderline
Today the purpose of the 2A, seems to be to keep the country divided. One side wants some kind of gun safety policies enacted. The other side wants the most lethal weapons to be easily obtainable for all. Any weapon that enables a person to kill many people very quickly, is a serious threat to our society. I feel that ammosexuals do not give a shit about our society. Where do these people learn to hate other humans? The answer to that question is not too hard to figure out.

Last edited by a moderator:

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Today the purpose of the 2A, seems to be to keep the country divided. One side wants some kind of gun safety policies enacted. The other side wants the most lethal weapons to be easily obtainable for all. Any weapon that enables a person to kill many people very quickly, is a serious threat to our society. I feel that ammosexuals do not give a shit about our society. Where do these people learn to hate other humans? The answer to that question is not too hard to figure out.
“They all say that Wayne LaPierre isn’t doing enough to stop these mass shootings, and even implying that Wayne LaPierre has played a part in making it easier for these shooters to get guns, to weapons,” Selvig said, referring to the NRA leader’s opposition to gun reform.

Selvig recited a list of mass murders in the country over the last three decades, including 13 at Colorado’s Columbine high school in 1999, 32 at Virginia Tech in 2007, 26 at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook elementary school in 2012 and 49 at Orlando’s Pulse nightclub in 2016.

He also mentioned the 59 dead at a Las Vegas music festival in 2017, 17 at Florida’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school in 2018, 23 at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, in 2019, and 10 at a grocery store in Buffalo, New York, on 14 May this year.

“You kept hearing [after each] that Wayne LaPierre isn’t doing enough, and frankly that’s not true,” Selvig continued.

“The NRA under Wayne LaPierre’s leadership has provided thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families and maybe these mass shootings would stop happening if we all thought a little bit more and we prayed a little bit more.

“We give enough of these thoughts and these prayers, these mass shootings will stop.”

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Right up until there's a real coup instead of a nincomcoup.

Our republic has lasted about as long as they generally last. Next time the people wanting to overthrow the government might just succeed when they try to get some of the military on their side. .....
Careful with the threats.

They had some of the military on their side on Jan 6th 2020, and in the planning of it. Remember General Flynn?

- DSK
Those people will continue to be a threat whether or not I talk about them. And yes, I'm well aware of the failed attempt to get military support. When that fails, your coup has failed. Will every such attempt fail for the rest of time? I'm not counting on it. If one succeeds, would it be wise for The People to have suitable militia weapons? Or would it be wiser for the government to control them all, meaning whoever wrests control of the government controls them all?

phill_nz

Super Anarchist
internet atm
i dont think a field cannon was mounted in many front yards at that time

perhaps they thought guns that were designed only for war would never be attractive to people who wanted a hunting rifle

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Your knowledge of our history is stunning. I'm not sure where to begin.
I have some claymores in my garden shed, and a handful of .50 machine guns are in my neighbor’s pool house.  He’s old school and won’t go metric.   The kids across the lane have rigged their RC planes to drop improvised armor piercing bombs with shaped charge tips.   The widow has been buying javelins with her social security.         I’m worried about how short we are in the AA department.        If Ukraine shows anything, it’s the limited utility of small arms for anything but killing farmers’ cows and executing civilians.   I am actively working on an electro pulse weapon for the sloop, preparing for the inevitable navel battle on the reservoir but mostly because the carbon emitters were frustratingly noisy after work yesterday and ruined my zen.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I have some claymores in my garden shed, and a handful of .50 machine guns are in my neighbor’s pool house.  He’s old school and won’t go metric.   The kids across the lane have rigged their RC planes to drop improvised armor piercing bombs with shaped charge tips.   The widow has been buying javelins with her social security.         I’m worried about how short we are in the AA department.        If Ukraine shows anything, it’s the limited utility of small arms for anything but killing farmers’ cows and executing civilians.   I am actively working on an electro pulse weapon for the sloop, preparing for the inevitable navel battle on the reservoir but mostly because the carbon emitters were frustratingly noisy after work yesterday and ruined my zen.

The important thing to remember is that GUNZ!! are what make Tendentious Tom the he-man free-man idol of his generation. And he's -always- right.

T.Tom's main concept is GUNZ!!! are good, gubbermint = bad. The fact that a government entity authorized the colonial militia men Tom loves to refer to, and a government entity owned the powder & cannons they were defending at Lexington and Concord, those facts are completely irrelevant to T.Tom and his fellow k'blammists.

The fact that Ukraine shows the effectiveness of a UNIFIED citizenry that is appropriately armed BY THE GOVERNMENT THEY SUPPORT is completely irrelevant to T.Tom and his elk, because they prefer to see the dadgum gubbermint as evil and to see themselves as ungovernable.

If there is to remain a functioning government here, it will be one similar to functioning governments elsewhere that have successfully rolled back widespread ownership and easy availability of high-powered autoloading firearms. Tom and his elk don't want to see this happen, even at the cost of foregoing a functioning government. That's why they are so-o manly & free!

- DSK

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Neat read.  Thanks.  

Punchline is only sorta kinda relevant though:  "The most important lesson for today from the Revolution is about militaristic or violent search and seizure in the name of disarmament." 

W/regard to the thread topic and real national events:  Have you got some evidence --- or barring that, a plausible hypothetical --- of the militia's value against which we might weigh the militia's assorted costs?  If so, would you share here?

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Tom is not a moron. He’s a freakin’ National Merit Scholar and they don’t hand out those awards like Halloween candy. They’re reserved only for the best and the brightest who will go on to do the important things that the likes of Tom have gone on to do.

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
Tom is not a moron.
He's certainly not a moron but he does seem to have an unwavering belief in his ability and opinions. 

That rigidity always reminds me of religious thinking: uncritical yet unbreachable. 

Yesterday I overheard two olde comm'l fishers. One onboard, the other just yarning about how sick he'd been with the cancer. The other guy mentioned how "blessed" he'd been ... and the sick guy agreed with a "and thanks be to Him" pointing to the heavens.  

Once you turn your life over to Jeebus ... ya don't have to think any longer. It's probably a great relief.

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Tom has turned his life over to the Wayne. Jeffski is an NRA Life Member, and probably even has the tote bag to prove it.

Repent liberal scum! The #2 Amendment is your only path to the Wayne. Kablamism isn't a hobby. It's a religion.

image.png

And like all religions, they always need money. Hey Tom, why don't you take this opportunity to send Wayne some BTC?

https://donate.nra.org/Donate

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Tom is not a moron. He’s a freakin’ National Merit Scholar and they don’t hand out those awards like Halloween candy. They’re reserved only for the best and the brightest who will go on to do the important things that the likes of Tom have gone on to do.
He's trolling on this topic.  If he were serious about advocacy, he'd try to recruit for the militia (because it'd clearly be ineffective in the stated purpose) and/or simply say he has great fun with guns rather than play word games.

Latest posts