Putin and ... Finland?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
With Finland you get Sweden - and that won't end well. Finland wins the ground war and Sweden has the navy and airforce so Russia is potato.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
With Finland you get Sweden - and that won't end well. Finland wins the ground war and Sweden has the navy and airforce so Russia is potato.
Russia's 2 major fleets will be bottled up. Turkey's not letting anything through, and Sweden will plug the Baltic.

Olsonist

Super Anarchist
New Oak City
Will be interesting to hear of the justifications... And why it's the US' fault.
It’s NOT the United States’ fault. That’s just silly. It’s Hillary’s fault and something about cookies.

Tom will be along shortly to say that if Finland only had a 2A they’d have nothing to worry about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
History. Fighting wars on two or more fronts seldom works out well.

If Pooty and his military fucked up the UKR annexation this badly, taking on Finland and or Sweden would be an epic clusterfuck.

Will be interesting to hear of the justifications... And why it's the US' fault.
Because they now pose a threat because they're joining NATO, perhaps?

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
History. Fighting wars on two or more fronts seldom works out well.

If Pooty and his military fucked up the UKR annexation this badly, taking on Finland and or Sweden would be an epic clusterfuck.

Because they now pose a threat because they're joining NATO, perhaps?
NATO aggression, justifying another defensive invasion. Wait.  Special Military Operation, right bullshitters? 

Last edited by a moderator:

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Ukraine War: Russia warns Sweden and Finland against Nato membership

Russia has warned Finland and Sweden against joining Nato, arguing the move would not bring stability to Europe. 
US officials expect the Nordic neighbours to bid for membership of the alliance, potentially as early as June. 

Washington is believed to support the move which would see the Western alliance grow to 32 members. US State Department officials said last week that discussions had taken place between Nato leaders and foreign ministers from Helsinki and Stockholm. 

Before it launched its invasion, Russia demanded that the alliance agree to halt any future enlargement, but the war has led to the deployment of more Nato troops on its eastern flank and a rise in public support for Swedish and Finnish membership. 

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61066503 

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Ukraine War: Russia warns Sweden and Finland against Nato membership

Russia has warned Finland and Sweden against joining Nato, arguing the move would not bring stability to Europe. 
US officials expect the Nordic neighbours to bid for membership of the alliance, potentially as early as June. 

Washington is believed to support the move which would see the Western alliance grow to 32 members. US State Department officials said last week that discussions had taken place between Nato leaders and foreign ministers from Helsinki and Stockholm. 

Before it launched its invasion, Russia demanded that the alliance agree to halt any future enlargement, but the war has led to the deployment of more Nato troops on its eastern flank and a rise in public support for Swedish and Finnish membership. 

Read more: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61066503 
I'm hoping we are supplying Finland now "with everything that they need".

Obviously Putin may double down.

A preemptive strike?  It is hard to imagine making that decision.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Well, from what I understand we're giving them pretext to do whatever they want because we belong to Nato, or something something something.  Just ask jizzkid.

Ishmael

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
Fuctifino
I'm hoping we are supplying Finland now "with everything that they need".

Obviously Putin may double down.

A preemptive strike?  It is hard to imagine making that decision.
Putin would be crazy to initiate war against Finland and Sweden, but that is no longer out of the question.

hasher

Super Anarchist
Insanity
Putin would be crazy to initiate war against Finland and Sweden, but that is no longer out of the question.
The Israeli defense forces call Russia up and let them know when they are flying over to drop bombs on Russian allies.  Maybe we need to use the hotline to Putin's desk when the planes are in route.  Just to demonstrate our resolve.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Finland would make surströmming out of Putin.

Norway, Finland, Sweden, Denmark..... No way would I take them on if I was  crippled wimp like Putin..... No way would I take them on even not being a crippled wimp. Look at the women! Look at the landscape. No fucking way. One way you get your back broken, the other way you freeze to death.

Pertinacious Tom

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda FL
Tom will be along shortly to say that if Finland only had a 2A they’d have nothing to worry about.
When considering relations between Russia and Finland, as with every other issue, it's important to note that I sometimes say bad things about TeamD gun bans and confiscation programs, so thanks for bringing that into the discussion yet again.