Putin and Ukraine

Russian media

image.png

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
@Burning Man @Pertinacious Tomgunellectuals that y'all are, you seem justifiably impressed with the citizen-soldiers of Ukraine who are defending their soil with guns. Still, I can't help but think this may be one of those rare occurrences when we can all come together over common ground. What we need are the gun laws that Ukraine had in place before this invasion.

Are you with me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
No, you provided a link to an academic explanation of a Supreme Court case... total straw man

How about not serving Putin and the neofascist agenda by distracting from the topic of this thread?

- DSK
Silly you!  For tedious Tom no discussion of any given topic is complete unless there is a dogball angle.  It’s all about his precious with a smattering of room left for cellphones and the 4th amendment.  The guy is a blast at dinner parties.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I'll see your Ukraine army, and raise you an air force.  If anything says 'Paper Bear', the Ukraine air force not only is still flying, but has more aircraft in the air NOW than it did before Putin's invasion.  And they aren't flying over Belarus anymore.
Sounds like you are rooting for the red team.  

Do you have one of these T-shirts at home?

image.png

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
They will need to be extremely capable and professional to control those fascists in the Azov Battalion, 
I'm curious perfesser olliver - are the so-called "fascists" in the Azov Bn more or less dangerous than the fascists who gunned down civilian men and women with their hands flex cuffed behind their backs in the streets of Bucha?  Or the lead fascist who ordered an invasion of a sovereign country?

You'd better zip your pants up, your shriveled old man "whataboutism" is hanging out.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I'm curious perfesser olliver - are the so-called "fascists" in the Azov Bn more or less dangerous than the fascists who gunned down civilian men and women with their hands flex cuffed behind their backs in the streets of Bucha?  Or the lead fascist who ordered an invasion of a sovereign country?

You'd better zip your pants up, your shriveled old man "whataboutism" is hanging out.
AFAIK the Azov Battalion are busy fighting and dying to the last man. Say what you want about their antics a few years ago, they are all in dying for a Jewish CIC right now.

ato

2 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Ed is going to have to tell us when his lights stop turning on.

The lights will remain on for quite a while. Gas is re-routed from other European countries, plus the gas storage in Poland is still above 70% capacity.

Fakenews

Super Anarchist
Why isn’t the Ukraine a no float zone for the Russian navy?  How about adding some US navy ships and station them 25 mile off Odessa?  That should squash any delusions re an amphibious assault

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Russia is embargoing Poland and Bulgaria while Germany is finally reverse embargoing Russia. The faucet of hard currency and oil is starting to close.

One of my uncles worked in the oil industry. I was complaining about the Santa Barbara oil fields which at this point are drier than Susan Collins. Why don't they cap them and clean them up? I mean cap the Santa Barbara oil fields, not Susan Collins.

In that case, they should be. But he explained that oil wells have to be pumped. They aren't water faucets. You can't turn them on and then off and then on .... Last year, crude oil prices went negative because of this.

McCain said Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country. Now it's not even a gas station and since those wells will essentially die, they won't even be that for the foreseeable future. They're just fucked.

So Putin embargoing Poland and Bulgaria and now Germany reverse embargoing Russia fucks Putin up the ass harder than Miss Lindsey takes it from his boy Shitstain.

He can't shove more oil through the pipelines to China and new pipelines cost billions, take a decade and Western expertise they don't have. The Arctic terminal at Sever Bay isn't even half finished. The weather hasn't been kind either. Sucks to be Putin. It turns out he wasn't playing 3D chess.

But at the same time, this means that Putin may resort to nukes quicker. Nukes won't change this but they are nukes. Hopefully someone caps him first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
The lights will remain on for quite a while. Gas is re-routed from other European countries, plus the gas storage in Poland is still above 70% capacity.
Yes, exactly.  Except most of the electricity in Poland is generated from coal fired plants.  Poland has a lot of coal under the earth.  There are about 200 km of coal mine tunnels under the city of Katowice in southwestern Poland.  My wife's family is from that part of Poland and she has relatives that were coal miners.  Some of them are even still alive!

Poland has a facility for unloading LNG tanker ships.  

The Polish government had planned to stop buying Russian gas at the end of this year before the war in Ukraine started, so the problem shouldn't be too bad.

But I'm willing to wager our next gas bill will be higher, because companies will seize any excuse to raise prices.

Latest posts