Putin and Ukraine

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
No, you provided a link to an academic explanation of a Supreme Court case... total straw man
Take to Endless-Tom-Complaining-Nobody-Reads-His-Stuff Anarchy.

And sometimes I just feel unappreciated. That middle name jest was the funniest shit I've read on the internet in weeks, I'd think so even if I didn't write it myself. Entertainment aside, I thoroughly read, and usually re-read, every post I reply to. Perhaps you suck at explaining what you mean?
How many times did you read that SCOTUS decision before declaring it to be an academic explanation of a SCOTUS decision?

My initial guess was zero. I've said I'm willing to grant that you read it once before not knowing what you read. Now you're saying you actually read it multiple times and STILL didn't know what you were looking at? Wow. I didn't realize you were that dense.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
1668365066426.png

Darth Putin remains a master strategist.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
If you take the oligarch moola out of the superyacht market, I assume the prices on those beasties will drop? Plenty of rich folks, yeah, but they need to be ostentatious as well.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
Whoops….

If you take the oligarch moola out of the superyacht market, I assume the prices on those beasties will drop? Plenty of rich folks, yeah, but they need to be ostentatious as well.

That's what I was just wondering. Certainly the market for that kind of thing has shrunk a bit in the past year. Almost certainly means a drop in demand.

I guess it depends on who is shopping, and whether or not they are confident in affording the upkeep. If you can afford the crew and the dockage and the upkeep (how often do these things get drydocked?), the purchase becomes a lesser consideration... what's a few tens of millions?

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Putin has a curious idea of a negotiating position. "We get to keep everything we took, even if we don't have it any more". Go fuck yourself, Vlad.

Russia says the West's refusal to recognise "new territories" seized from Ukraine makes peace talks harder, after President Joe Biden indicated he would be ready to meet Vladimir Putin.
The Kremlin said it was open to negotiations, but not on the West's demand to pull out of Ukraine.
Russia illegally annexed four Ukrainian regions at the end of September, without controlling any of them.
Nine months into its invasion, it has lost more than half the land it seized.

President Biden told reporters on Thursday night that he was ready to meet the Russian leader "if in fact there is an interest in him deciding that he's looking for a way to end the war".
Standing beside him in the White House, France's Emmanuel Macron made clear the two men had agreed they would never urge the Ukrainians to make a compromise "that will not be acceptable for them".