Putin is losing his war badly, so bad he threatened nukes. What should the response be if he does?

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
My personal opinion is that with winter coming Putin is out of time. I doubt he can even clothe all the new recruits, the Kalashnikovs he is supplying them are rusty beyond repair:

How do you continue a war with this? Yes, he could use nukes, but I seriously doubt the West will stand for it. I think Winter folds the war and ends Putin as well.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Nukes cannot be tolerated. There is real risk everything ends by action. Inaction leads to extortion and the madman with the will controls the world, If the plume crosses into NATO, all of NATO must intervene with conventional” strikes deep into Russian command and control, and launch sights. This means sending combination missile, drone and stealth attacks recognizing many pilots will die, not the usual ‘keep the body count down ‘ missions that insured our loss in Afghanistan and Iraq. Ground crews will die when Russia counterattacks, as well as civilians since they can’t aim. If we can’t stomach the loss we need to leave NATO. This would be the first war of my lifetime we can’t afford to lose. Our response to their response to our response includes the Kremlin and all relevant Russian targets. Ground raids by special forces are on the table if needed for a specific objective, but the goal is not occupation, If Putin drops a Nuke inside NATO, Moscow ends. Humanity no doubt follows.

If Russia manages to nuke Ukraine tactically but keeps the radiation inside Ukraine and Russia itself, we need to enable Ukraine to attack targets in Russia at will with the weapons we provide. We must provide the best we have. That’s only because the Trumpers and Turks won’t allow stronger response.

As Dr. Strangelove observed, keeping a doomsday device secret defeats the purpose. This should be sent to the Russian ambassador of every NATO country next time Putin threatens nukes, if it hasn‘t already. Public release may escalate the situation but should happen if and when we escalate as promised.

D

Deleted member 149385

As a show of resolve Biden will let him nuke LA. Btw that Kalashnikov will probably work just fine.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
My personal opinion is that with winter coming Putin is out of time. I doubt he can even clothe all the new recruits, the Kalashnikovs he is supplying them are rusty beyond repair:

How do you continue a war with this? Yes, he could use nukes, but I seriously doubt the West will stand for it. I think Winter folds the war and ends Putin as well.
Maybe he can recruit at Berkley and the Ivy League campus’s

veni vidi vici

Nukes cannot be tolerated. There is real risk everything ends by action. Inaction leads to extortion and the madman with the will controls the world, If the plume crosses into NATO, all of NATO must intervene with conventional” strikes deep into Russian command and control, and launch sights. This means sending combination missile, drone and stealth attacks recognizing many pilots will die, not the usual ‘keep the body count down ‘ missions that insured our loss in Afghanistan and Iraq. Ground crews will die when Russia counterattacks, as well as civilians since they can’t aim. If we can’t stomach the loss we need to leave NATO. This would be the first war of my lifetime we can’t afford to lose. Our response to their response to our response includes the Kremlin and all relevant Russian targets. Ground raids by special forces are on the table if needed for a specific objective, but the goal is not occupation, If Putin drops a Nuke inside NATO, Moscow ends. Humanity no doubt follows.

If Russia manages to nuke Ukraine tactically but keeps the radiation inside Ukraine and Russia itself, we need to enable Ukraine to attack targets in Russia at will with the weapons we provide. We must provide the best we have. That’s only because the Trumpers and Turks won’t allow stronger response.

As Dr. Strangelove observed, keeping a doomsday device secret defeats the purpose. This should be sent to the Russian ambassador of every NATO country next time Putin threatens nukes, if it hasn‘t already. Public release may escalate the situation but should happen if and when we escalate as promised.
Thank God you are confined to PA
Geesh man … what a novel idea

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Biden has fucked Putin at every turn and as long as Putin’s party doesn’t retake control of the House or Senate in November, he will continue to do so. Even if they do, Biden has that nice allocation of funds from which to draw, to continue to fund Ukrainian defense. Funding Ukraine, strengthening NATO, rebuilding ties to Europe…all the things that Putin and his Republican puppets love so much. As it stands now, it will be a Russian that removes his stench from the earth. If he uses nukes, it will likely be a non Russian that does the deed. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Fuck him and fuck fascists.

veni vidi vici

Biden has fucked Putin at every turn and as long as Putin’s party doesn’t retake control of the House or Senate in November, he will continue to do so. Even if they do, Biden has that nice allocation of funds from which to draw, to continue to fund Ukrainian defense. Funding Ukraine, strengthening NATO, rebuilding ties to Europe…all the things that Putin and his Republican puppets love so much. As it stands now, it will be a Russian that removes his stench from the earth. If he uses nukes, it will likely be a non Russian that does the deed. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy. Fuck him and fuck fascists.
“Funds to draw “
Lol that is so passé
There is no money other than what the peasants are shackled to

D

Deleted member 149385

Wouldn’t it be nice for Europe if Bidens Energy Secretary approved the six (6) LNG export terminals applications in the Gulf that have been sitting on her desk for over a year. Might have come in handy this winter, but heck leadership… Joes a champion.

D

Deleted member 149385

“Funds to draw “
Lol that is so passé
There is no money other than what the peasants are shackled to
Congress controls appropriations. Not a nickel is allowed to go out without their approval. Thank god we made the allocations for Ukraine that we did.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Unless Putin physically can launch a missile all by himself, how many Russians will want to push that button and in the end destroy their own country?
My guess is not a lot, but maybe more than zero.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Wouldn’t it be nice for Europe if Bidens Energy Secretary approved the six (6) LNG export terminals applications in the Gulf that have been sitting on her desk for over a year. Might have come in handy this winter, but heck leadership… Joes a champion.
The government stopped giving out leases because the various oil companies were sitting on their hands not touching the ones they were getting. FYI

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
As long as he keeps LIS bullshitters foaming at the mouth he’s on the right track.

D

Deleted member 149385

Unless Putin physically can launch a missile all by himself, how many Russians will want to push that button and in the end destroy their own country?
My guess is not a lot, but maybe more than zero.
Putin will be pushed out of one of his famous windows before that happens. Nationalism is very strong in Russia, they’re proud of the resurgence in pride, destroying their own country is something that simply won’t be tolerated. Palace coups are a very real threat to Vlad now. Note the language he chose his words very carefully. The referendums in the occupied territories will mean they’re going to be part of Russia. Vlads no dummy.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
The referendums in the occupied territories will mean they’re going to be part of Russia. Vlads no dummy.
The referendums mean fuck-all outside of Russian TV spectacle. No other country in the world recognizes them. Vlad may not be a dummy, but he is delusional and fed bullshit by his minions.