Putin is losing his war badly, so bad he threatened nukes. What should the response be if he does?

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
That nothing is off the table if a country that has nukes is invaded is actually the normal condition. People seem to be reading too much into Putin's statement, it does not appear to be a threat to use nukes in Ukraine.

On this we agree, I trust the people who are actually fighting instead of some armchair strategist. The fact remains that we can’t trust them to do the right thing and get rid of Putin. On Trump deliberately trying to destroy Ukraine that is pure fantasy.

"It’s easy to forget amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that the war-torn country and its suddenly beloved leader were at the center of Donald Trump’s first impeachment in 2019."

"But that seemingly distant chapter of American politics — when the American president secretly withheld military assistance for Ukraine before asking President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to announce an investigation of his political opponents — has a direct tie-in to today’s war, according to lawmakers and witnesses central to that first impeachment probe."

D

Deleted member 149385

That nothing is off the table if a country that has nukes is invaded is actually the normal condition. People seem to be reading too much into Putin's statement, it does not appear to be a threat to use nukes in Ukraine.
It is if the referendums pass. then any attempt by Ukraine to take back territory to 2014 borders is an excuse.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
On this we agree, I trust the people who are actually fighting instead of some armchair strategist. The fact remains that we can’t trust them to do the right thing and get rid of Putin. On Trump deliberately trying to destroy Ukraine that is pure fantasy.
No, it isn't. When Putin first invaded, Trump congratulated and praised him. Trump tried to block aid to Ukraine, which was fighting Russia in Donbas even then, several times and was over ruled by Congress. This includes the time he -did- stop aid while insisting on a bribe from Zelensky, which is what he got impeached for (the first time).

FWIW Trump does not know or care anything about Ukraine. But he has backed Putin before and there is a large set of Republicans who are collaborating with Russia/Putin.

D

Deleted member 149385

"It’s easy to forget amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine that the war-torn country and its suddenly beloved leader were at the center of Donald Trump’s first impeachment in 2019."

"But that seemingly distant chapter of American politics — when the American president secretly withheld military assistance for Ukraine before asking President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to announce an investigation of his political opponents — has a direct tie-in to today’s war, according to lawmakers and witnesses central to that first impeachment probe."
I have zero faith in any of those statements.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth

I would like you to do us a favor though.

D

Deleted member 149385

D

Deleted member 149385

Monkey

Super Anarchist
What are you saying? If the referendums pass they become part of Mother Russia. Any attack by the Ukrainians to retake territory is a direct attack on Russia.
Let me help you get past your Facebook feed.

"Ukrainians have reported armed soldiers going door-to-door in occupied parts of the country to collect votes for self-styled "referendums" on joining Russia."

"You have to answer verbally and the soldier marks the answer on the sheet and keeps it," one woman in Enerhodar told the BBC.
In southern Kherson, Russian guardsmen stood with a ballot box in the middle of the city to collect people's votes.
The door-to-door voting is for "security", Russian state media says.
"In-person voting will take place exclusively on 27 September," Tass reported. "On the other days, voting will be organised in communities and in a door-to-door manner."
One woman in Melitopol told the BBC that two local "collaborators" arrived with two Russian soldiers at her parents' flat, to give them a ballot to sign.

"My dad put 'no' [to joining Russia]," the woman said. "My mum stood nearby, and asked what would happen for putting 'no'. They said, 'Nothing'.
"Mum is now worried that the Russians will persecute them."
The woman also said there was one ballot for the entire household, rather than per person.
Although the evidence is anecdotal, the presence of armed men conducting the vote contradicts Moscow's insistence that this is a free or fair process.

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
I have zero faith in any of those statements.
WTF - are you some low-energy Dog clone?

1664134629830.png

Latest posts