Putin is losing his war badly, so bad he threatened nukes. What should the response be if he does?

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
Or would you rather rush in with retaliatory nuclear strikes after we push Putin into a nuclear first strike?
Who is pushing? Or are you saying, let him do what he wants because nuclear, which is exactly what he wants. How many times will he pull out the nuclear threat play to get what he wants? Answer: As often as he can get away with it. How many times do you want to go around this blackmail circle before finally drawing the line?

As appalling and calamitous as it is, the bluff has to be called, and responses prepared and waiting should he press the button. And I bet they already are….

There is only one person responsible for the weeping mothers of Russia and Ukraine, and Russian mothers are best placed to do something about it. Now.

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
I'm guessing a small team of Ghurkas, or a few Mossad agents could do wonders for the peace and stability of the world..... If they wanted to....
Not gonna happen.

Because if it did...Putin would be considered a martyr in Russia. In addition, I believe it could be made out to be an act of war on Russia. Giving Kremlin hawks a casus belli to launch a nuclear strike against whichever country carried it out. Worst case scenario perhaps - but a good case for no one to attempt it.

Nah...I believe Putin will only be taken out by people outside of Russia if he escalates beyond mobilization. Possibly in the case of chemicals, but more likely in the case of nukes.

Last edited:

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Who is pushing? Or are you saying, let him do what he wants because nuclear, which is exactly what he wants. How many times will he pull out the nuclear threat play to get what he wants? Answer: As often as he can get away with it. How many times do you want to go around this blackmail circle before finally drawing the line?

As appalling and calamitous as it is, the bluff has to be called, and responses prepared and waiting should he press the button. And I bet they already are….

There is only one person responsible for the weeping mothers of Russia and Ukraine, and Russian mothers are best placed to do something about it. Now.
Say's someone sitting "safely" in Tasmania

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
The referendums mean fuck-all outside of Russian TV spectacle. No other country in the world recognizes them. Vlad may not be a dummy, but he is delusional and fed bullshit by his minions.
Their actual purpose is to dance around Russian law regarding the use of military and declare the fraudulently annexed provinces as "Russian". Therefore he can use his conscripts to "defend the homeland". Putin likes the cover of legalisms.

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
Say's someone sitting "safely" in Tasmania
Nowhere and no one is “safe” if it goes nuclear.

I have friends and relatives in eastern Europe. Giving in to Putin’s blackmail on their behalf isn’t going to make them safer…..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149385

Their actual purpose is to dance around Russian law regarding the use of military and declare the fraudulently annexed provinces as "Russian". Therefore he can use his conscripts to "defend the homeland". Putin likes the cover of legalisms.
Yes he does, once he annexes them, he’s self justified.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Nowhere and no one is “safe” if it goes nuclear.

I have friends and relatives in eastern Europe. Giving in to Putin’s blackmail on their behalf isn’t going to make them safer…..
I've found that simply ignoring vaguely worded threats from bullies is the best option.
(while quietly having a response prepared)
Two sided drum beating tends to end badly for both.
NATO must appear to be all reason and light, even reigning in Ukraine should they start overstepping their own borders. (including Crimea)

Israel grabbed more than their own land in victory. That did not end well, it's never ended.

This crisis requires the greatest restraint ever required by all parties.

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
^^^^ So how do you get Putin to show restraint?

Either way, he is intent on Ukrainian genocide. Do we walk away and wash our hands of it for the good of the world?

Who is next after the Ukrainians? Do we walk away from them too?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mid

Remodel

Super Anarchist
None

Putin is losing his war badly, so bad he threatened nukes. What should the response be if he does?​

Drop a naked Trump on his dacha from a b2.

If that doesn't work, start dropping a Cancun Cruz, Moscow Mitch, Very Tiny Penis, Dogpile etc., one per hour until he capitulates.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

Either way, he is intent on Ukrainian genocide. Do we walk away and wash our hands of it for the good of the world?

Who said anything about walking away?
I said to quietly ignore the blustering.

I hate to say this but.

Fucking MEN!!

Maybe if men learned a few tricks from women re diplomacy , the world would be prettier richer and more peaceful.

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
^^^^ Effectively, that is what the West is doing?

”Don’t” isn’t a threat or bluster. Equally, western politicians would not be doing their duty if they have not already prepared for the worst.

You have become irrational and sexist. I won’t go there, so let’s agree to disagree.

reality....

1664162170819.png

Sidecar

…………………………
Tasmania
^^^^ Ah yes, Crimea, Putin’s first bite of the cherry, and for a promise of not going any further, Ukraine gave up its nuclear capability and potential NATO membership.

Any bets on what’s next after Ukraine has been totally euthanased and obliterated?

Ishmael

Fuctifino
^^^^ Ah yes, Crimea, Putin’s first bite of the cherry, and for a promise of not going any further, Ukraine gave up its nuclear capability and potential NATO membership.

Any bets on what’s next after Ukraine has been totally euthanased and obliterated?

The Falkland Islands.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne

Crimea is a bit different, It's ethnically Russian and was held by Russia for about 400 years.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Who said anything about walking away?
I said to quietly ignore the blustering.

I hate to say this but.

Fucking MEN!!

Maybe if men learned a few tricks from women re diplomacy , the world would be prettier richer and more peaceful.
Watch "creamerie" on SBS on demand...

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia

There is one play that I've not seen discussed, because it's really, really radical.

At the breakup of the USSR, Ukraine was a nuclear power. In return for security guarantees, they gave up their nukes.

Well the security guarantees have turned out to be worthless, so returning to the status quo ante is only fair.

GIVE Ukraine a bunch of tactical nukes, with launchers, and call things square. Then see how Putin likes threatening a country that can hit back.

FKT