Putin Is Preparing to Flee When Russia Implodes, Ex-Aide Says

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Or, perhaps it's because you live in Texas, not on the coast north of 47° with days of endless rain?
When I lived in Pennsylvania and New York my winter evenings were spent in basketball courts, handball/ racquetball courts, squash courts, bowling alleys and out in lots of bright white snow. … and giant well lit boat building facilities

So.. I have never really experienced many short dark days in a row.

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
This is a 53 year old photo. Every morning before leaving for school, I cleaned out the driveway so my mother could get her car out to the street.
We lived about ten miles from the very snowiest area of “Great Lakes Effect snow.” We got double Buffalo’s annual snowfall. it was a day when lots of fresh snow fell during the day, she would hang out, drink coffee, and help Mrs Zaphiropolis down at the Ritz Restaurant until I called and gave her an all clear.
It was a good workout but I don’t miss it.

0651A897-ED80-4428-B734-68B6B2DBE25B.jpeg

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
This is a 53 year old photo. Every morning before leaving for school, I cleaned out the driveway so my mother could get her car out to the street.
We lived about ten miles from the very snowiest area of “Great Lakes Effect snow.” We got double Buffalo’s annual snowfall. it was a day when lots of fresh snow fell during the day, she would hang out, drink coffee, and help Mrs Zaphiropolis down at the Ritz Restaurant until I called and gave her an all clear.
It was a good workout but I don’t miss it.

View attachment 558739

Fuck that for a joke. If I lived somewhere like that - and couldn't move - I'd have something like my IH Drott tracked loader only with a heated cab.

Then I'd do my best to convince someone else that driving it was fun.

FKT

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I prefer to only see snow in pictures from a warm climate.

As for snowblowers, some years ago a friend "forgot" to drain the gas from the carb. The following fall when it wouldn't start, he told his wife he "had" to buy to buy a new (bigger) one. He traded it to me for a case of my my homebrewed beer. I had it running within a half hour of getting home. Gave me several years of good service until I moved south and gave up winter.

You were smart. You'd be amazed at the number of people who move south and bring their snow blowers with them.

Dex Sawash

Demi Anarchrist
NC USA
You were smart. You'd be amazed at the number of people who move south and bring their snow blowers with them.

It's weird they never bring the lawn mower either, just the snow blower like it is part of their identity. The moving van doors swing open and there's the snow blower in the back, first thing out.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
It's weird they never bring the lawn mower either, just the snow blower like it is part of their identity. The moving van doors swing open and there's the snow blower in the back, first thing out.

I dunno 'bout that, but I do know that in my neighborhood which is about 85% retirees from Up North, Hurricane Florence ruined at least a dozen snowblowers (flooded the garages) and the guys had the lack of good sense to complain about it. Like they really needed that snowblower.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
I dunno 'bout that, but I do know that in my neighborhood which is about 85% retirees from Up North, Hurricane Florence ruined at least a dozen snowblowers (flooded the garages) and the guys had the lack of good sense to complain about it. Like they really needed that snowblower.
Eastern NC...heck, you are up north!

phillysailor

Super Anarchist
I never wanted a snowblower… until I got one. We’ve a longish driveway and (with the right snow) it’s awesome.

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
I never wanted a snowblower… until I got one. We’ve a longish driveway and (with the right snow) it’s awesome.
What did you choose? Long double-wide and steep driveway here too (near Seattle) but we are considering getting one if it's easy enough to operate. 3rd El Nina in a row winter, much more snow than usual.

spankoka

Super Anarchist
The cold keeps the riff-raff out. Not politically correct at all, but if you going to make a living where it gets to -40; bring a work ethic. Africa, the RP is fine here-just bring a work ethic to Canada.

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Yeah me too. We now have two snow blowers. Kind of a his and hers combo. Shoveling 3 to 6 feet of Sierra Cement is damn near impossible past a certain age.

Still waiting to put up the Christmas lights. I'm going to have to shake the snow off the tree branches. I'll probably wait until after tomorrow's 3' - 4' dump - if I can still find the tree.
20221209_155407.jpg

Latest posts