PV Race- 2022 Edition.

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Had a great race down Saturday was for sure the best start day.  Sun morning the Sat starters were 1-12 in ORR Overall although we moved up a bit by the end.  We had a good run down stayed close the Rodgers46 had some challenges from Too Loco until Cabo then they started dropping back.  Had a great rounding even though we got slowed a bit came out really well.  We rounded 60 miles off which is wide for most years but was right for this one.  We had a decent corrected lead but were really worried about the Rodgers making it in before the diurnal die off in PV but they missed it by about 12 miles.  GFS was suprisinlgy accurate with directional shifts but under on pressure by a few knots consistently.  Managed to win our start day and class which really is the most you can hope for if you don't get the golden start day.  Been on both sides over the years just like the PV morning arrival.  My first PV win as a navigator now need a few more and some overall wins to match my Dad haha

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
It was a port starboard with the Farr 40 being on port.  Never turned just ran straight into them at full speed the runner was the only thing that stopped it from going further into the boat.  Said they didn't see them becasue they were looking for the layline to the weather mark.  How did 10 people not see 30 feet of green boat across their bow, I will never know.  Boat is getting trucked back it was pretty bad.

pbd

Super Anarchist
Ca
It was a port starboard with the Farr 40 being on port.  Never turned just ran straight into them at full speed the runner was the only thing that stopped it from going further into the boat.  Said they didn't see them becasue they were looking for the layline to the weather mark.  How did 10 people not see 30 feet of green boat across their bow, I will never know.  Boat is getting trucked back it was pretty bad.
Any injuries to the crew?