QE DTS

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Well yeah but them folks was born with reasonably good teeth and they just don' like dentists or can't afford 'em. Beein' that Brits live on a little island and don't like no foreigners unless they can take 'em over and exploit 'em, so they got's centuries of bad teeth genes in 'em and ain't no dentist gonna fix that there problem.
Sending their best youth off to be killed in two huge wars only one generation apart reduced the British gene pool to a muddy hoof print.

No wonder they have bad teeth.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
aBd9v2z_460swp.webp

NaClH20

Super ciliary

Keith Richards meets Queen Elizabeth for the first time​

r/funny - Keith Richards meets Queen Elizabeth for the first time

I’ve got no strong feelings one way or the other about monarchy, but she was one of the most famous individuals in the world, for 70 years. Fame does weird things to people (for example I was recently disappointed to learn that one of my musical idols was in fact a pro-Putin anti-Semitic ass), and it seems the dear old thing managed to keep a personality, some humanity and a sense of humor over all those years. That in itself was a remarkable feat. The driving the Saudi around herself thing was just truly fabulous, and there were many other subtle digs she managed to get in within the confines of rules and protocol. There was a great anecdote from Elton John’s autobiography… I forget the details now, but I think she was admonishing some minor lord or underling, and after making her point drove it home with her handbag saying “because *whack* I *whack* am *whack* The Queen!”, followed by a wink in Elton’s direction.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I don't believe those wars were of their choosing. Tough to blame QE for that.
I wasn't - just stating the facts of the genetic degradation in the first 1/2 of the 20th century.

They lost the top 2% of their gene pool in a period of 20 years from those wars. Takes a long time to recover from a loss like that. Take all the cream and you're left with skim milk.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
I wasn't - just stating the facts of the genetic degradation in the first 1/2 of the 20th century.

They lost the top 2% of their gene pool in a period of 20 years from those wars. Takes a long time to recover from a loss like that. Take all the cream and you're left with skim milk.
"Top 2%"? Do you have anything to substantiate that?