QE DTS

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I'm guessing Liz, Phil, and Uffa.

I wonder if the Ipod with his speeches that Pres. Obama gave her is up there amongst their family heirlooms with the ball that killed Adm. Nelson?
Take it to PA and show some respect for the desiccated old bat. This isn't about US politics or your closet racism and blatant hypocrisy.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Despite the scandals, under Elizabeth II, the British monarchy survived by changing its outward appearance without changing its public role. Political critics of monarchy had long given up demanding its immediate abolition and accepted that the Queen’s personal popularity rendered their aim impracticable while she was still alive.

The war was the most important formative experience for Elizabeth II. Her experience as a mechanic and driver with the ATS (Auxiliary Territorial Service – the women’s army service) meant that she could legitimately claim to have participated in what has been called “the people’s war”. The experience gave her a more naturally common touch than any of her predecessors had displayed.

She leaves her successor with a sort of British monarchical republic, in which the proportions of its ingredients of mystique, ceremony, populism and openness have been constantly changed in order to keep it essentially the same. It has long been acknowledged by political leaders and commentators all over the world that the Queen handled her often difficult and delicate constitutional role with grace and remarkable, even formidable, political skill.

Her wisdom and unceasing sense of duty meant she was widely viewed with a combination of respect, esteem, awe and affection, which transcended nations, classes and generations. She was immensely proud of Britain and its people, yet in the end she belonged to the world, and much of the world will mourn her passing.

Last edited:

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
I beg your pardon, but in the US we don't have a bunch of inbred halfwits masquerading as special
people by virtue of dipping out of the very shallow end of the gene pool. Not to mention the history of the British to inflict their rapacious greed on most of the world, leaving an everlasting stain, endless turmoil and countless deaths and then shamelessly rubbing the world's nose in it to this day A pox on the British mouth breathers posing as exceptional people. Fuck 'em all. If they actually did anything meaningful without all of

their money and privilege I might feel
differently. The only ones of that miserable lot I have any respect for, albeit it minimal, is for Harry and his wife who might have seen the light given how Liz was a racist piece of shit. However I notice they haven't renounced their inheritance. Double fuck them all up their royal asses.
Germany?

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
It was during the Obama's first visit, though, that Mr Obama gifted Her Majesty a very unusual present, which left many wondering if it made the cut.The former US President chose an iPod filled with photos from his inauguration and clips of his speeches.
The bestowing of the gift brought a cringe from one top etiquette expert, who said it confirmed that Mr Obama had not figured out presidential gift-giving.Anna Post of the Emily Post Institute said in 2009: “For me, the iPod only works if he has some catchy reason why he gave it as a gift.
"Otherwise it feels like somebody at the White House pulled the lever and an iPod is what popped up.
"And if it was just pulled out of the blue, you run the risk of the ‘Oh, how nice,’ reaction from people which is the polite gloss of, ‘What on earth am I going to do with this?’ ”
Apparently there was also a very nice brooch the Obamas gave her, which she pointedly wore when TFG visited her, (wearing a suit that looked like Hope Hicks had pressed it while he was wearing it.)

dfw_sailor

Super Anarchist
DFW
Have a good one. I'll just leave you with this thought. Some say the problem was that she loved her cousin too much. I ,however, say that she loved him too frequently
I think you left it the bit about them being third cousins, which is not uncommon in Europe.

Certainly the European 'royal' bloodlines are intermingled like crazy.

Snaggletooth

SA's Morrelle Compasse
I beg your pardon, but in the US we don't have a bunch of inbred halfwits masquerading as special
people by virtue of dipping out of the very shallow end of the gene pool. Not to mention the history of the British to inflict their rapacious greed on most of the world, leaving an everlasting stain, endless turmoil and countless deaths and then shamelessly rubbing the world's nose in it to this day A pox on the British mouth breathers posing as exceptional people. Fuck 'em all. If they actually did anything meaningful without all of their money and privilege I might feel differently. The only ones of that miserable lot I have any respect for, albeit it minimal, is for Harry and his wife who might have seen the light given how Liz was a racist piece of shit. However I notice they haven't renounced their inheritance. Double fuck them all up their royal asses.
I thick you neede to strive foire moire clarrittey, when I readed thisse ^^^ I wassente siurre if you licked them or notte?

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
the queen, really didn't do anything... lol

agorA76_460swp.webp

moment from the Queen is when she wore an EU flag to open the parliament after brexit to make her point since she wasn’t allowed to give political opinions​

and the ipod, maybe it was something she asked for...

Last edited:

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
The only ones of that miserable lot I have any respect for, albeit it minimal, is for Harry and his wife who might have seen the light given how Liz was a racist piece of shit.
Oh come on, Ed, you don't really believe that. Meghan (aka Princess Pushy) apparently gave a speech at a women's empowerment group a few days ago in which she mentioned only one other woman, while alluding 54 times to herself, all in the course of less than 10 minutes. She is selfish in a Kardashian-like way, a sad commentary on the current younger generation.

OTOH, whether people like it or not, Queen Elizabeth was a powerful figurehead. I have no love for the British monarchy - Hell, my ancestors were 2nd-sons and castoffs who landed in the colonies. You can feel free to hate the institution, but it is difficult not to see that Elizabeth's own life of service, as early as WWII as a child, has been rather exemplary. Her stoicism, quiet resolve and good humor have been a very positive force to a great many people. That temperament is reminiscent of the best of my parents' and grandparents' generation.

Latest posts