Qld Anarchists

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
The yacht Crystal Moon is moored in Darwin Harbour in a somewhat delapidated state.  The Harbourmaster wants it gone, and has promulgated a notice to fix it or remove it within 14 days or the HM will take actions permitted by legislation to have it removed.

The yacht is marked with port of registry Manly, registration KX429Q - if any Queensland yachties may know the owner's details, please PM me and I will pass it on.

Looks like they had a rough trip across the Top End.

Thanks

Crystal Moon.png

Has a bit of a Cavalier look about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
The yacht Crystal Moon is moored in Darwin Harbour in a somewhat delapidated state.  The Harbourmaster wants it gone, and has promulgated a notice to fix it or remove it within 14 days or the HM will take actions permitted by legislation to have it removed.

The yacht is marked with port of registry Manly, registration KX429Q - if any Queensland yachties may know the owner's details, please PM me and I will pass it on.

Looks like they had a rough trip across the Top End.

Thanks

View attachment 437624

Has a bit of a Cavalier look about it?
it certainly does

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
KX429Q  is registered as QUINTREX 500 OPEN/DINGHY/RUNABOUT ALUMINIUM

Ship registry has

Crystal Moon (Yacht; Official No.: 852252; 11.89 meters; built 1986; Brisbane)
Good sleuthing Xta.  I repeated the rego number from the HarbourMaster's notice, but blowing up the photo it looks a bit more like KX423Q to me.  I'd say the AMSA register entry is the right vessel, but they'd have had to go aboard and possibly break in to get the O.N.

Hmm, KX423Q is also a runabout, as is 428. Dodgy rego?  Or maybe just expired and the number has been re-allocated?

LCS Carbon

Flags
Home
Good sleuthing Xta.  I repeated the rego number from the HarbourMaster's notice, but blowing up the photo it looks a bit more like KX423Q to me.  I'd say the AMSA register entry is the right vessel, but they'd have had to go aboard and possibly break in to get the O.N.

Hmm, KX423Q is also a runabout, as is 428. Dodgy rego?  Or maybe just expired and the number has been re-allocated?

So currently the harbourmaster has only issued a notice regarding the dinghy and not the yacht :)

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
So currently the harbourmaster has only issued a notice regarding the dinghy and not the yacht :)
Ha!  No, actually the notice names the yacht, includes the photos above and gives other identifying details, of which the displayed (even if not correct) rego number is one, so I don't think that argument will stand up.  Good try though ... :p

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
Kind of hard to imagine the owner needs to be told the harbormaster wants it gone... Something tells me the owner would rather not want to be found.

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
Isn't there another Manly somewhere in Australia? I think it is on the north shore of that big open drain just south of Pittwater.
Gonna be there in a week.  But I figured the Q in the rego number narrowed the field to one particular location.  You haven't walked past a Cav 395 Crystal Moon when strolling down to your fleet?

LB 15

Cunt
Gonna be there in a week.  But I figured the Q in the rego number narrowed the field to one particular location.  You haven't walked past a Cav 395 Crystal Moon when strolling down to your fleet?
I do vaguely remember it around the place. They could have just taken it down to ‘the valley of death’ aka jacob’s well. It is the Valhalla for unwanted shitboxs around here.

Recidivist

Super Anarchist
I do vaguely remember it around the place. They could have just taken it down to ‘the valley of death’ aka jacob’s well. It is the Valhalla for unwanted shitboxs around here.
Yeah, their mistake was mooring in the open fields of Darwin Harbour - if they had put it in Sadgroves creek it would have gone unnoticed among all the other detritus in similar repair.  The Harbourmaster knows better than to wander in there!