Question for the SA Gun Club

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
I'm gonna go with semi-auto, compact or carry size, and probably 9mm in a pancake belt holster at 4 o'clock. Glock 19 most likely. If she's a metal kinda gal, Sig P229 or maybe a P239, though the capacity suffers. S&W M&P9c or Springfield XDm might sub for the glock. A commander length 1911 in 9mm or .45 might replace the Sig. Cover jacket sized to conceal the gun.

She's going to have more than one gun. I'd guess four. She'll have a duty sized weapon that will be whatever she carried in the service as a nightstand gun. Probably a pocket/deep cover gun, which could be a lot of things. First bet is a S&W airweight snubby in .38spl. A Ruger LCR in .327 would be my choice, but she's going to want to stick with what she knows, and the Military doesn't do Ruger, even back when they had revolvers. She may also stick with semi auto, so a small polymer framed .380, like a M&P Bodyguard or a Beretta Pico. Or, if you really want to be cliche', a Beretta Tomcat .32acp in a garter belt. Third additional gun is probably a Remmington 870 express/Mossberg 500/ AR-15 in the trunk.

Sounds like a fun gal, when do we get to meet her?
Multiple guns are in order for her. My first order of business though is to make sure she can feasibly produce a weapon from her person no matter what she's wearing. That Deen Adams form fitting thigh holster thing looks like it can be pulled off even in a reasonably short skirt or form hugging dress.

Meeting her...easier said than done.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Blonde or brunette?
Brunette.
Ok cool, I've got this whole film noire thing going on...
Think Jamie-Lynn Sigler, or Marisa Tomei in her early 30's.
"Fictional private eye, female, tall,"...you must be some kind of midget...they're both 5'5"...
jack reacher was supposed to be 6'4 in the great novels IIRC, but cruise plays him well despite being a midget and a cultist.
played him well in the first movie. TheSecond one, not so much. I was very disappointed all around with movie 2

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
played him well in the first movie. The

Second one, not so much. I was very disappointed all around with movie 2
I haven't seen either one, but I think it's safe to say that he was short in both movies. Short actresses, step stools and platform shoes, baby!

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
No one else has anything to add to the Glock 43? I checked it out; looks compact with stopping power. But with seven shots you better hit what you point it at.
That's all you're allowed to load in NY, even if your magazine holds more.

But then, if she's going to carry in a place like that, you'll also need to write in the part where she bribes authorities to actually get a permit.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
No one else has anything to add to the Glock 43? I checked it out; looks compact with stopping power. But with seven shots you better hit what you point it at.

But then, if she's going to carry in a place like that, you'll also need to write in the part where she bribes authorities to actually get a permit.
and don't forget NY's manditory 5lb trigger pull bullshit..

chinabald

Super Anarchist
played him well in the first movie. The

Second one, not so much. I was very disappointed all around with movie 2
I haven't seen either one, but I think it's safe to say that he was short in both movies. Short actresses, step stools and platform shoes, baby!
I was reluctant to go to the first one, because so much of the Reacher character is based on his physically imposing presence, but that midget pulled it off. The quiet yet mouthy confidence that Reacher has, Cruise pulled it off. The second movie nope. Plus they played with the plot too much from the book to the movie. It just didn't make sense in parts.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa

Of course, the person she slips the bribe to met in the dead of night in a big panic to pass such a law.

Grabbers only. Wayne-O and the One_Limit_Shootah were not consulted.

It was rigged, or r gunz and r mags would be chill in NY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not My Real Name

Not Actually Me
If you two could take it to one of the 1,757 gun threads in PA instead of fucking up my legitimate research thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thia discussion is about mechanics, not legality or the 2nd amendment.

atoyot

Super Anarchist
Dela-where?
Sure... Because we want a fictional character who can presumably last any encounter, escape any threat, never sleep, and barely muss her hair in a fight, to seem "accurate".

You're not wrong, Tom. It just gets tiring when it shows up in every goddamned thread where even a staple gun is mentioned.

Weyalan

Super Anarchist
jack reacher was supposed to be 6'4 in the great novels IIRC, but cruise plays him well despite being a midget and a cultist.
Nothing against Tom Cruise as an actor, but he is the antithesis of Jack Reacher. I watched about 15 minutes of Cruise not being even remotely like Reacher in any way before I had to turn the TV off and go read a book. So, so, so wrong. Fail.

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
If you two could take it to one of the 1,757 gun threads in PA instead of fucking up my legitimate research thread, I'd appreciate it.

Thia discussion is about mechanics, not legality or the 2nd amendment.
This woman recently posted something that may help in your research. And she knows what she likes.

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Nothing against Tom Cruise as an actor, but he is the antithesis of Jack Reacher. I watched about 15 minutes of Cruise not being even remotely like Reacher in any way before I had to turn the TV off and go read a book. So, so, so wrong. Fail.
TC is shorte, he cante reache Reacheres' hite, wase that the ishue?

From what you describe female PI with time served overseas she would have been an MP in most likely the army. So a obvious carry weapon would be the M9 beretta. No so obvious and fancy somewhat similar weapon that is comparable to the M9 would be a CZ SP-01 Shadow.

Real world concealed a person like your describing who is likely placing themselves intentionally into danger would likely want carry at least a 10 round mag. And probably keep a decent sized round in a gun that is still easy to shoot. So something along the line of a G26.

Rodrigging

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Another vote for S&W MP Shield.

I've shot the .45 and it's surprisingly stable. One of the guys at the range said it has less muzzle flip than a .40 maybe because of the muzzle velocity.

Compact and knock down power.