R2AK 2023 CATAMARAN PARTNERSHIP

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
As this year's race is coming to an end, my thoughts are turned to winning the 2023 r2ak.
Everyone brings certain qualities to the best race ever, mine being collecting the fastest boats in north America Of course, it is not all about the fastest boat, and the true winner is whomever comes in last place, as they get to sail the most.
So, for 2023 I believe my 16ft wide, Reynolds 33 could win it, she has brand new sails, and with a few modifications will be the boat to beat.
With a year to prep/train what is there to lose ?

Six years on, R2AK is so yesterday. The cool kids have moved on.

Luckily, I'm not cool, I'm hot as hell baby!

Gearing up for a possible two person R2AK 2023 attempt with my dad, looking for a small beach cat (nacra/hobie 18?) Or other small vessel. It's 50/50 on if he'll be able to convince my mom to let him go, but regardless I'll be participating myself.

Come on Jud, you know you want to...

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
Going for the win, 4 MAX, I still like oars. Oh, and OUTSIDE, I have already gone the inside route

13532951_1129965800378791_3072534035934932646_n.jpg

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
Going just to finish the race is incredible fun, pushing 24 hours a day for 5 days allows me to forget

download (1).jpeg

giegs

Anarchist
Arid
I feel like anything short of a fully crewed longship with a hortator is a missed opportunity.

Boathavn

Hof & Gammel Dansk - Skål !
The route from Port Townsend to Ketchikan is such a beautiful, varied and unique route, and as this year showed, well up to throwing forth new challenging conditions into the mix. I think R2AK could live on as a true "classic".

If anyone complains further, they can have the option to finish in Kodiak.

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
I 'get' that going outside can make a lotta sense in the pursuit of $10k. I just think it changes the nature of the race and the 'experience of R2AK-ing'. Certainly puts a higher value on larger and more conventional choices of craft. Going outside means you really haven't done an R2AK as it should be done.(but, obviously, you might even 'win')
The inside is spectacular, been there, done that.

multihuler

Anarchist
Reno
Multhuler needs to change his name to Multi Hoarder. Whats the tally list now?
I departed New Jersey at 8pm in a snow storm on skateaway's maiden voyage, just to give a stranger a ride, because it was a dream of his.
To be safe, we only hoisted the jib, hitting 16 knots, until the sun came up, good thing as it was freezing. We surfed for over 6 hours, my new crew was at the helm , freezing for hours, even though there was a heater down below, he said he was good.
I have always shared my boats, as it amuses me to watch the excitement in my crews eyes, and i have seen my efforts change people's lives.
Of course, I do have good taste in boats, and always boat poor.

40Plus

PNW
I 'get' that going outside can make a lotta sense in the pursuit of $10k. I just think it changes the nature of the race and the 'experience of R2AK-ing'. Certainly puts a higher value on larger and more conventional choices of craft. Going outside means you really haven't done an R2AK as it should be done.(but, obviously, you might even 'win')
Couldn’t agree more, I really don’t like the outside being and option as it changes what the R2AK is all about which is the challenge of the inside passage.