Race Day 1

L Z

Reporters
Morning boyz and girls...

Charleston woke up to a rather chilly morning but sunny day. Light breeze and calm seas are the order for the day. So far forecasts are for light today, 10-20 tomorrow and blowing stink Sunday. We'll see if it holds.

All boats are out to their respective courses. Clean is apparently going out with Tim Wilkes as we had some issues with boats this morning and had to swap rides.

We'll do our best to get you coverage ala KWRW. This time Clean and I swapped places. I'm on shore to provide support for the scorers on the RC boats and he's on the water reporting.

Will get more news as races start and we get info from the courses.

Stay tuned.

LZ

MR.CLEAN

Not here
Hey Ed, aintcha supposed to be workin'?

We're out here now, on the North course, which is mostly PHRF stuff. A bunch of C & C type thingies just went round the top mark for the first race, the second class to the mark is the Tartan 10's, and we'll have mark roundings for you shortly. Mer's taking some pics, and we'll be getting them up as well.

Give us some leeway, we've got some teething issues but mostly it's sweet out here.

MR.CLEAN

Not here
T-10's to the top mark, Niquor box is about 20 BL's ahead of the rest of the fleet. second is 30718 third is 407. Luiz will help name them in a bit.

L Z

Reporters
PHRF F (J29s, J92, etc):

First Mark: Remedy (Don27), Cool Change, Rum Punch, Wrinkles (Olson30), True Blue, Radio Flyer (Tripp26)...

Clean is right now loading and processing photos and send will them up to me for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Editor

Administrator
Staff member
carlsbad
Hey Ed, aintcha supposed to be workin'?
We're out here now, on the North course, which is mostly PHRF stuff. A bunch of C & C type thingies just went round the top mark for the first race, the second class to the mark is the Tartan 10's, and we'll have mark roundings for you shortly. Mer's taking some pics, and we'll be getting them up as well.

Give us some leeway, we've got some teething issues but mostly it's sweet out here.
This is work!

annahofford

it's ridiculous that i am here in the office, reading about the racing that i see out my office window! Clean- don't worry about coming back in for me if you've got good stuff goin' on out there. thanks for the updates!

L Z

Reporters
Inshore course still under postponement. Very very light breeze inshore...

South Course 2nd leeward mark - Decision, round ages ago followed by the Farr 36, Cracker (Ker), both Melges 32 rounding about a boat appart with 128 in the lead over 77, Sister Golden Hair and Yellow Jacket and the rest of the boats are still coming down to the mark.

Henderson just rounding in the middle of the 3 J120.

Starting times for Course C is posted and finish times for 1st race should be coming soon too - www.yachtscoring.com

5Degrees

Chicago
Mer - Come on we needs some picture's!

It's sunny and freezing up here in Chicago and we're all counting on you!

And I know, that you know, what kind of picture's we want.

TK