"Racer Chasers" -- the TV Show

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
Last week a sizable film crew from NBC was in Newport Beach shooting test footage for a possible pilot for a series on Beer Can racing, apparently with an emphasis on Racer Chasers. They just used 2 boats for this shoot -- a 1D48 and a Farr40 crossing tacks up the harbor, loaded with bikini-clad extras. There were plenty of the local cougar contingent on board as well.

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage and how far they take this thing.

Stand back, "Beverly Hills 90210" and "The O.C."!

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
This ought to be interesting. Can you imagine if they dug back into the archives of some of the stuff that has gone on over the years?

Shu

Super Anarchist
Not to be a wet blanket, but...no wait...to be a wet blanket, don't get your hopes up. It will be filled with the all the usual trite treatment of wealthy yacht owners and stupid faked-up drama scenes of people yelling at each other in a self-righteous manner as someone off-camera throws buckets of water over them. Don't forget the scenes of boats motoring with backwinded sails. I lost all hope of anything that I loved ever being portrayed anywhere near correctly when the aluminum harness buckle tore apart under (a light female's) body weight as if it were made out of clay in the opening scene of "Cliffhanger".

wickham

But Below Deck (aka blow job) is great comedy approaching parody.

like they say 'you could not make that shit up!

Although a Deadliest Catch and Below Deck joint series alternating between Alaska and the Caribbean would be great sport.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
That below deck show is crap. At least the first season they showed alittle of the actual boat stuff. Now it is real housewives on a boat in the Caribbean...... I thought it was cool when the one guy jumped ship to go on the gunboat.....

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
They're ALL crap.

"Reality" :rolleyes: I especially like the survival ones like that Naked show - all so breathlessly life threatening, alone in the wild, starvation imminent - except for the 15 man crew filming it all.

Are there really people so credulous that they actually think it's real?

I can just imagine some production assistant being asked to research Sailing Anarchy to see if there is anything interesting. After a long day the wide eyed P/A would probably answer, I don't know... I really don't know...

douglas

Super Anarchist
vancouver bc
I can just imagine some production assistant being asked to research Sailing Anarchy to see if there is anything interesting. After a long day the wide eyed P/A would probably answer, I don't know... I really don't know...
more like the answer would be "i quit. this gig, this job, and the industry"

Last edited by a moderator:

sunseeker

Super Anarchist
The truth is its just a bunch of people on a boat sailing. There's hardly any racer chaser to beercans in NB, like just about none. More than the normal number of hot looking women but it's all pretty tame and harmless fun.

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
Sailing Anarchy forums should be the advisor to the producers.

and writers

and performers

and the funding.

I'm not sure what rating it would get, though!

Latest posts